CHAPTER 390: Who is he?

Inside the study room of the Ji Mansion, Grandfather Ji sat in his chair while Lu Tian sat across from him.

All was quiet as both men stare at each other like they were having a staring contest.

Grandfather Ji heaves a sigh and was the first to look away. He leans back on his chair and decided to break the silence.

"Lu Tian, I know you know why I wanted to speak with you."

Saying this, he sighs a deep breath and looks back at the boy.

"I never intended to keep this secret for this long. Now that you know Yue Ling is my precious granddaughter, as the only elder she has left, I do not wish to see her hurt again."

Lu Tian had planned to keep quiet and listen to what the old man had to say, but when he heard Grandfather Ji’s words, he knew what the old man meant by ’hurt again.’

He stares straight into the old man’s eyes and answers him.

"As long as I am breathing, I will never let her get hurt."

Hearing his words full of promising, Grandfather Ji sighs in relief. He stares at Lu Tian for a long minute before taking another deep breath.

"I hope you will keep your words. If I am going to hand her to someone, I want him to be someone worthy of her."

He avert his eyes from Lu Tian to the photos laid out in order on his desk.

"I had always wanted her to live a simple life without having to worry about social status. However, if it is your Lu family, I can rest in ease."

He pause in his words for a long minute.

The Lu family is a very powerful and prominent family, but Yue Ling’s family is not inferior.

Lu Tian may have the Lu and Zhao family on his side, but Yue Ling has the Ji and Han family.

Although the members of the Ji family is not as stable as the Lu and Zhao family, Yue Ling is the last successor and holds the control of the Han family.

She also has the backing of every member in Fate.

However, that does not matter. He knows that the Lu family will never betray her.

Thinking this, he faintly smiles and kept his eyes on the photos.

"She may smile like everything is fine, but she is still human and has been through a lot in life."

As he stares at the photo of Ji An Ling and Han Min Joon, he smiles a smile full of deep sorrow.

"For a child like her, the experiences she had to face alone are beyond anyone’s imagination."

Remembering the day he received the phone call about his daughter and son-in-law’s death, Grandfather Ji slowly close his eyes to take another deep breath.

When he opened his eyes, he looks away from the photo and stood up from his chair.

As he walked to the window in the room, he held his arms behind his back and stares out to the night sky.

"Yue Ling... that child, she cannot remember anyone outside of her family after her parent’s passed away."

Hearing this, Lu Tian’s indifferent expression made a slight change. His brows furrow together as he thought back to something.

Knowing how Lu Tian is, Grandfather Ji does not beat around the bush. With eyes staring out the window, he decides to tell the boy.

"After the loss of her parents, she blocked the memories of everyone who is not important to her. Anyone who did not play a main part in her life were all forgotten."