CHAPTER 389: you have suffered

After all the guests left, only the Lu family and Zhuang father and son duo stayed behind. They had left the ballroom and made their way to the living room of the Ji Mansion.

Grandfather Ji was in a rather good mood, he ordered the servants to put up the paintings given by the Lu family. That way, every morning he can look at it.

"Uncle Ji, if you do not mind, I wish to speak with Yue Ling in private."

Madam Lu spoke from the side as they enter in the living room. She couldn’t wait for the event to end so she could talk to the girl.

Hearing this, Grandfather Ji turned to look at his precious granddaughter, who was walking at his side.

Although he wished to spend more time with her, he already knew what Madam Lu wanted to talk about.

He nods a smile to the middle-aged woman then to Yue Ling.

"A promise is a promise."

Saying this, he turn to look at Lu Tian.

"Lu Tian, I would also like to speak with you in my study room."

Following the group in the back, Lu Tian looks at his wife then to Grandfather Ji. He does not say a word but nod his head.

He had many questions he wanted to ask his wife but ask her later when they go home.

As Yue Ling turn to follow Madam Lu, she looks at Lu Tian in silence. Meeting his dark eyes, she smiles to him and proceed in her steps.

Lu Tian stares at his wife’s departing figure. The further she went, a faint smile curl on his lip as an image flash in his mind.

Like time had turned back to the day they were little kids.

To the day he followed the little girl who lost her parents and promised to protect her.

It had been her all this time...

Until she was no longer in sight, did he finally look away to Grandfather Ji and follow the man in the direction of the study room.

Madam Lu and Yue Ling slowly made their way to back of the Ji Mansion where the garden room is.

Stepping inside, the usual pot of flowers that used to fill the place were no where in sight.

As the weather had turned cold, Grandfather Ji ordered the servants to move all plants until the warm season.

Madam Lu walks up to the long chaise and sat down. She smiles to Yue Ling and pat the seat next to her.

"Yue Ling, sit down with me."

Hearing the woman, Yue Ling followed as instructed and takes a seat. She returns a smile to Madam Lu.

"Aunty Lu, what was it that you wanted to speak to me about?"

Staring at the young and beautiful girl seated next to her, Madam Lu couldn’t help but sigh.

Both her hands reach for Yue Ling’s and she held her hands.

"I just wanted to look at you."

Yue Ling’s brows slightly furrow at her words. She does not move her hands away from Madam Lu’s and decides to ask.

"Look at me?"

"Mm."

Madam Lu faintly smile. Her hand that was on top of Yue Ling’s gently pat the softness of her hand.

"I am very happy to finally meet you."

Staring at the young girl’s face, she sighs inside at how much Yue Ling resembles her deceased friends.