CHAPTER 243: Vision on humanity

Yue Ling stepped out of the room and closed the door. As she did so, she looks at the Nuo family before shutting the door to give them some privacy.

Her eyes gently close and she takes her phone out from her handbag. She dials a number and waits for the other line to answer.

["Hello Boss! What can I do for you?"]

"Hack into Imperial Military Hospital. Check every CCTV and find everything related to Doctor Xie. I want to know what he was doing and where he's been within the last 48 hours till this very moment. If you have have to hack the cctvs outside, do so."

["Got it."]

Yue Ling ended the call and scrolls through her contact list. She press on Lin Hui's number and puts the phone back on her ear.

The call rang two times before the other line was answered and Lin Hui's voice came through the phone.

["Boss."]

"I need you to secure the premises at Imperial Military Hospital. Keep a close eye on Doctor Xie and the Nuo Family."

["Nuo family? What happened?"]

"....."

Yue Ling sighed at the thought of how Liu Shan and Lin Hui were so different. One listens to her order and gets straight to the job, while the other always asks so much question. However, they were both her trusty subordinates, so she never keeps anything from them.

"Nuo family is being targeted and Doctor Xie seems to be a part of it."

["Understand."]

The call quickly ended and Yue Ling sighed again. She place her phone back inside her handbag and decides to go find Lu Tian. After what happened, she knows she has a lot of explaining to do.

*click*

The door behind Yue Ling suddenly opens. She takes two steps to the side and turn to look at the person.

It was Uncle Nuo's daughter. Yue Ling smiles to the girl, "Hello there."

The girl looks at Yue Ling and her eyes glisten with light of fireworks. Her cheeks flush shyly and she takes a step out of the room and close the door behind her.

"I'm Nuo Hui Ying. Thank you for helping my family."

Looking at the girl, Yue Ling was reminded of Jingxu and Ting. To be so young and already have to face the harsh life of reality... How can anyone continue to see this world as a better place....

Nuo Hui Ying looks up at Yue Ling and her cheeks flushed even more red. Never did she think the 'Diao Chan' her grandmother kept mentioning was her role model and idol, Han Yue Ling. She promised to never forget how Yue Ling and Lu Tian helped her and her grandmother that night. If it wasn't for them, who knows what would have happened to her.... even worse, her grandmother...

"I won't tell anyone about this..."

Hearing this, Yue Ling looked down at the girl and she chuckle. Out of habit, she lift a hand and pat the girl on the head.

"Thank you, this will be our little secret."

"What secret?"

A sudden deep and cold voice interrupts the woman and girl. The both of them turn to the person and seeing who it is, Yue Ling smiles to the man. However, unlike Yue Ling, Nuo Hui Ying felt fear and takes a step to hide behind her idol. The coldness in Lu Tian's eyes could be seen from thousands of miles away.

However, when they were in the room, she knows the man loves Yue Ling. Lu Tian's eyes may look coldly at people, but when he looks at Yue Ling, his eyes held the same affection and doing her father has for her mother.