Ch 24 - A Short Journey

Konda Village

The simple and peaceful Konda Village has long been the premier place for the Shogunate's dye production purposes.
But due to the Sokaku Decree and war, this village seems to have aged prematurely.

Despite all of this, it's a village that has its own signature dish.

Currently, two man and a dog are entered the village.

Jirou: "*sighed* It's feel nice to be at home... I really miss this place"

(Y/N): "This village is like in Edo period. What the hell happened to Inazuma?"

Stubby: "Woof~"

(Y/N): "Oh? Isn't this already your lunch snacks time? Here, have some nice fowls, Stubby. Got them from Timmie or should I say forcefully earned it? Hmm... yeah. The last statement is seems more correct..."

Jirou: "What are you talking about?"

(Y/N): "No... It's nothing"

Jirou: "Anyway, I'm welcome you to my hometown, the Konda Village. Let's meet the head chief first before you meet with him... as he was more well informed about Inazuma..."

(Y/N) nodded his head and following Jirou from behind toward a house in the center village before stopped as an old married couple were approaching them and the old lady one is the one who giving Jirou a bone breaking hug.

Eri: "Jirou, My son! Where have you been!? We've been worried since you go missing..."

Katsumi: "I've told you, he'll be fine out there but at least tell us before you go to journey, son. I'm not raised you to be pussy like this... Well, you're still come back in piece so, that's all matters..."

Jirou: "*crying* Mom... Old man..."

(Y/N) just stay silent and let them to have this moment in peace as looking at the sky with longingly expression.

(Y/N): "Man, it's sure nice to have a family...*minds* Kiritsugu, Miyu... and Sakura. I miss you guys. I've been doing fine right here and perhaps, it's still one heck a long time before I'll follow you..."

And the dog lowered it's ears as if feelings sad for not have family like Jirou.

Stubby: "Woof~"

(Y/N): "Don't worry, buddy. You still have me... I'll be your family if you want it"

Stubby: "*happy* Woof!"

Jirou: "Ah! Please meet him. It's (Y/N) who has free me while I'm trapped in cage. Thanks to him, I can go back alive..."

And then, the married couple were giving (Y/N) a lovely hug. A hug of lot of love which he hasn't feels it for a long time as already feels empty... lost everything dear to him and yet...

The feeling is so familiar. It's addictive like a opium. But, he returned their hug.

Eri: "Thank you, young man, for helped my son... I'm forever grateful to you..."

Kasumi: "If you need something. Just tell us. We'll try our hardest to help you..."

(Y/N): "Actually... Yes. I need some help..."

(Y/N) explains that he's needed to go to Inazuma City as fast as he can which gained a confused looks out of them.

Kasumi: "Why do you want to go there? Right now, there's many guards in every island borders..."

(Y/N): "I just need a guide... the rest just leave it up to me"

Jirou: "It's okay, old man. He's strong... He'll be fine. Where is Yasuda-san? He perhaps could help him..."