Ch 109 - Owns Craving Path, the Path of Villainy

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I recognized this place...

This calm coldness comforting my body, the everlasting night without a light. The deep void that could drove normal people crazy.

Yet for me, it's a place that I can called my own.

The darkness that sent chill through your bones, but for me that's mere the usual... and I stand here alone without even could heard a sound.

I sighed to myself as looking behind.

There's me in the past, laughing and joking with people that was mattered most without a care for the world. Still clinging on that Justice of Hero, wanted to save everyone in sight.

I always proud to have such idealism and strive for it, clinging on such pure and naive dream.

Ahhh... What a good memories.

My naive and foolish self.

My starting point...

Hah! To think that I once have such innocent face. I still remember how I was laughing together with everyone I loved.

That my past-self still haven't realized that the world is cold, ruthless, and cruel.

That myself was so happy yet pitiful at the same time. He haven't even able to cope with his survivor guilt, trying the best to save everyone he see but...

But did you know?

The hard thing being a Hero is knowing the fact that you can't save everyone as my hands is too small to hold them. And I don't have power to do so...

Once you know how reality works, dreams are the one you'll threw.

And yet... I'm still chasing over that idealism of Hero of Justice.

Until...

I forced to strip it with my own hands.

I sighed heavily before two person is standing up in front of me in separated ways.

One in right is my older self wearing a red coat, looking through the horizon within the desert world of countless swords, and monolith gears adoring his sky.

The one's keep killing the people he supposed to save in order to strive his idealism yet even that dream itself betrayed him in the end.

Emiya Archer...

Such unlucky guy.

That is where his luck come in, I guess.

While the other one in left, is my older self beyond saved. Strived the Ideal of Justice to the extreme, driving mad as searching for the enemy he's been looking for without realized that he was already in the pit of madness.

The path of heretics he's walk into...

The one beyond saving.

Took innocent lives in order to slay the "Monster" that threatened to Humanity.

Yet... he never able to slay her at all.

Emiya Alter...

Those two path shining before me. They are no doubt are my futures, yet, I took a step in the middle of their path, created my own road.

The path of losing everything I've been holding up for.

On the second step, I lose my family and friend in the flame forest, took every single thing mattered to me.

On the third step, I lose my foster father, Emiya Kiritsugu, the one's who saved and took care of me until he bestowed me the Hero of Justice's ideal.

On the fourth step, I was betrayed by my best friend, the one's who was colored my boring daily basis in school. In order to fulfil his wish, he sacrificed me and our friendship.