|Chapter 66.| A Girl...|

———————
|Chapter 66.| A Girl...
———————

A lot of things have happened over the past few days, the main highlights of the Thursday turning into Friday, Dick kidnapped Jonathon Crane from Arkham, Dick tried to lure Jason into a trap, Dick got shot by a member of GCPD, Barbara almost broug...

A lot of things have happened over the past few days, the main highlights of the Thursday turning into Friday, Dick kidnapped Jonathon Crane from Arkham, Dick tried to lure Jason into a trap, Dick got shot by a member of GCPD, Barbara almost brought Jason home but one of her men shot without her order and spooked Jason, Kory came home after blasting apart the house with her sister Blackfire, and the team learned that Jason has Lazarus energy which is making him hyper aggressive towards the Batfamily.

Before they can even think of processing anything about anything, Dick needs his gunshot wound tending to. Barbara has brought him back to the Manor to get stitched up, better than taking Nightwing to a hospital and having to answer too many questions.

"Dude, that looks horrible" Gar comments, seeing the bloodied wound on Dick's shoulder, in almost the exact same spot that Isabella's wound is located from a few years ago, another bullet that had Jason's name on it.

"Five inches over and we'd be burying another body" Kory comments as she stitches up the wound, they can't handle another dead body at the moment.

Barbara has been on the phone the entire time reaming out the member of the SWAT team that took a shot without her authorisation, and in doing so also broke any sort of trust Jason has in the Batfamily.

Ellie is standing watching Dick get stitched up, she's silently looking at Dick's wound, and she hasn't said anything to Dick since he got back. In fact Ellie almost looks broken, pale, and she hates this distrustful feeling that she has towards Dick now.

Dick is staring back at Ellie, waiting for when she's going to snap at him, and be angry that Dick has rushed off on his own after a bad guy again.

"You're responsible for this you know?" Kory calls over to Barbara. Barbara rolls her eyes and continues with her phone conversation, Barbara had been apologising to Dick the entire car ride back to the Manor.

"Relax" Dick tells Kory. "One of the GCPD snipers took a shot, it was meant for Jason and not me" Dick informs Kory, Kory is getting so angry that her eyes are flashing the same green as when she uses her fire.

Gar doesn't like the idea of them being so calm that a bullet was meant for Jason. "I think there's been enough bloodshed for one day. That was way too close" Gar tells Dick, Gar can't take his best friend being so close to death.

"I almost had him" Dick tells them, but mainly he's trying to talk to Ellie, who isn't making eye contact at all with him.

Ellie looks like someone who hasn't slept in days, and is the verge of meeting her breaking point, and that it's taking all of her willpower not to burst into tears right now.