|Chapter 9.| Carmine Falcone.|

———————
|Chapter 9.| Carmine Falcone.|
———————

Every night after school Ellie, Luke and Barbara would catch the bus and go to Wayne Manor, they had to time it just right so that Dick didn't see them coming and going from the Manor and figure out what they were up to

They had been down in the Batcave every night for the week, as Saturday loomed closer and the Latern Festival, they were running out of time. It was Friday evening now. They had less than 24 hours to find Zsasz, and Alexis and Bridget.

Lead after lead would pan out for a time and then ultimately lead them to nothing. "Damn it" Ellie cursed as the Batcomputer came up with another negative result. They had checked every major holding that Falcone owned and they had all up come up clean.

"Don't stress yourself out, we still have time" Luke reassured Ellie. It wouldn't help as she was a pacing wreck of nerves.

"I can't relax Luke" Ellie barked back at the boy. "We have absolutely no idea where Zsasz is keeping my sisters and the GCPD have no leads either. If Zsasz doesn't get what he wants by tomorrow night then he'll kill them" Ellie grumbled.

"Do we even know what he wants?" Barbara asked. "He was pretty vague about what he wanted on that phone call. Project Zelena? I've never heard of it. Maybe your mom knows something that we don't?" Barbara suggested.

Project Zelena could be anything. A weapon. A criminal. It could be a plot of land in the Scottish Highlands that Falcone wanted for a summer home for all they knew.

"My mom would hand it over to save my siblings" Ellie was firm in that belief. To save her children Constance would blow up the GCPD if asked.

"When Bruce went missing last year the GCPD confiscated a lot of projects from Wayne Enterprises Applied Sciences" Barbara informed Ellie. "Maybe Zsasz is after something that Lucius built?" Barbara suggested.

"In which case handing it over is a bad idea. Lucius made the Batsuit and all the tech in here. If something like that fell into the wrong hands the outcome would be disastrous" Ellie surmised. "Either way we somehow lose" Ellie says. On one hand she would lose her siblings, on the other a weapon of unknown power could be unleashed on the city.

"Don't think like that, getting your sisters back is what's important" Barbara informed Ellie. A weapon could be handled, the loss of two young kids couldn't.

Ellie ran her hands over her face, they had been at it for hours now with no new leads. "I need to get some air" Ellie hissed, her head was going to explode if she went over the old case files again.