|Chapter 8.| Helpless.|

———————
Chapter 8.| Helpless.|
———————

Constance had gotten the call late in the afternoon of her first shift of the week, two of her children had been kidnapped and the other daughter attacked in the Gotham Academy student parking lot

Constance had gotten the call late in the afternoon of her first shift of the week, two of her children had been kidnapped and the other daughter attacked in the Gotham Academy student parking lot. The only clue left behind was a single white rose, known to be the calling card of the Falcone crime family.

Constance reached the school in record time, her good friend Jim Gordon driving her. He may not officially be a police officer anymore since he's running for political office, but he was one of the best and Constance wasn't going to waste any time in finding who had her children.

Pushing quickly through the police tape she made her way into the park structure. Her officers were already working the scene. Her mind was focused on Ellie right now who hadn't been taken.

Her daughter was sitting on the ambulance being checked over by the paramedics. Ellie had tried to refuse but being underage she had no choice.

"Ellie. Oh my god. Are you alright?" Constance screamed when she saw her daughter. Immediately pulling her in for a hug and checking that she was alright at the same time.

"Ow mom I'm fine" Ellie tried to push the mother bear off of her, the only pain she was in was the bone breaking hug that she was getting from her mother.

Constance pulled back and started looking over her daughter. "Are you sure? What did they do to you?" Constance asked, the police radio had said that Ellie and a male had been attacked.

"Well, nothing" Ellie told her mother. Constance looked around and saw other ambulances loading the goons into the back. All three in various states of ill repair. "I didn't give them the chance" Ellie informed her mother.

Barbara and Dick came over as they had gone to find something to eat and drink for Ellie. She might still go into shock from the situation, she wasn't used to having a gun waved in her face like Barbara and Dick were.

"Constance" Barbara greeted Ellie's mom like an old friend. The two of them hugged.

"You weren't here when it happened were you?" Constance asked Barbara in concern, completely ignoring Dick as she did so. "You father is around, I don't think that he knows you're here" Constance informed Barbara.

"No, I only came to see if Ellie was okay. Being Jim Gordon's daughter still carries some weight with the officers" Barbara told Constance. Barbara needed to see if her best friend was okay.

Constance then looked at Dick and her eyes narrowed darkly. "I suppose you were the male that was here during the attack?" Constance accused Dick. Her mind immediately jumping to the coincidence that Dick's family were also killed by the Falcone family.