|Chapter 39.| Commissioner Barbara Gordon.|

———————
|Chapter 39.| Commissioner Barbara Gordon.|
———————

Dick had to get out of the Manor, he had been there for everyone today while they grieved, mainly Isabella and Constance

Dick had to get out of the Manor, he had been there for everyone today while they grieved, mainly Isabella and Constance. Something was off with Ellie, there was something dark in her mind, and Dick had a feeling it was the need for vengeance, the GCPD had taken that vengeance away from her.

Dick drove to the hot crime scene tonight. Dick flashed his old badge that allowed him access to the scene. He wasn't a cop anymore, since he had a record after last year.

"Commissioner Gordon?" Dick asked one of the patrolmen. The patrolmen pointed him to a woman stood alone in the snow, watching the city pass her by, the prosthetic leg told Dick that it had to be her.

Dick approached carefully. Dick hadn't seen Barbara since he left Gotham 8 years ago. "Commissioner?" Dick asked her.

Barbara turned around slowly, she wasn't too surprised that Dick would be in town after Jason's death. "Welcome back to Gotham, Dick" Barbara greeted the boy.

Renee Montoya interrupted the conversation. "Commissioner, this body is like the others, wrapped in cellophane like last night's leftovers" Renee informed the Commissioner.

Barbara nodded. "Thanks, give me a minute?" Barbara asked Montoya. She had a feeling she needed to talk to Dick.

Barbara started walking away, and Dick followed after her. "I'm sorry about Jason" Barbara apologised to Dick. She knew Dick had been his leader while in San Francisco.

"Me too" Dick sighed. "Falcone is the gift that keeps on giving" Dick was tired of hearing Falcone's name, tired of him causing problems for his family.

"It was strange. He was waiting by the body. Surrendered to us" Barbara tells Dick. "He wanted to hurt Warbird, and then he put in the one place she can't get to him" Barbara tells Dick. If Ellie had been allowed to find Falcone, Barbara didn't doubt that Falcone would be dead by now.

"How are you doing with all of this?" Barbara asked Dick. Dick had a feeling she wanted to ask how Ellie and Isabella were doing, but was too proud.

"Honestly, not great" Dick tells Ellie. "The last time I spoke to Jason was a year ago. It's like when he came back to Gotham..." Dick didn't want to speak ill.

"...he chose to come back to Ellie and Bruce" Barbara reminds Dick. Bruce had a way of turning his kids out until they broke.

Dick shakes his head. "I don't get why Jason would have gone out on his own. Especially after Ellie told him not to" Dick sighs, he thought Jason would've learned his lesson after Deathstroke.