|Chapter 56.| Gambit.|

———————
|Chapter 56.| Gambit.|
———————

An elaborate dinner had been set up by Alfred, the hope of the evening was to coax the true meaning behind Meredith's sudden visit out of her

Constance and Jordan had arrived at the Manor early. Constance wanted to go over the game plan for the evening. Inviting one of the government's greatest assassins into the house would sound like a bad idea to anyone else, but for the Batfamily it was just a day ending in Y.

"I'm informed I'm not supposed to be excited at meeting a new family member?" Jordan mentioned to Dick and Connor cautiously. The guys were waiting in the living room, while the women planned out their evening, and who was going to be interrogating Meredith.

"I would play it safe and roll with whatever they chose to do" Dick advised Jordan, this was a family issue for the Bishop women, and they had to be the ones to deal with it.

Dick had also learned to not go against what the Bishop women wanted, it was in his own self interests to not cause friction.

Connor was still new to the whole 'family dinner' scenario, the Titans had meals together which usually consisted of late night takeout after a takedown, but this was completely new to him.

"And you must be the Connor that Isabella has been telling me so much about?" Jordan asked the new boy that he didn't recognise, Jordan was glad Isabella was moving past the death of Jason, not knowing that Jason was resurrected and is currently their greatest enemy.

Connor smiled. "Isabella talks about me?" Connor gives a goofy grin. "And yes, I am Connor, Connor Kent sir" Connor introduced himself to Jordan. Connor shook Jordan's hand, being mindful not to break Jordan's hand due to Connor's nerves.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm glad that you're putting a smile on Isabella's face. She's been through a lot this year, with Jason and Bruce, it's nice that she has someone that she can turn to" Jordan liked Connor already, because Jordan was watching over one of his step-daughters.

"And you Dick Grayson, it takes a particular type of man to make Ellie smile, but somehow you manage it" Jordan complimented Dick, Jordan fawned over Dick ever since he met him, Dick having helped Ellie fight off Falcone's henchmen.

Jordan often found himself admiring how close Ellie and Dick had grown over the years, from being those two teenagers that tried to deny their feelings for each other, to now living together.

Dick was nursing his glass of whisky. He didn't like big family type events. "Thank-you" Dick felt obligated to reply. Jordan didn't know what the stakes were this evening, with Meredith as a member of Checkmate.