|Chapter 41.| 31,536,000 Seconds.|

———————
|Chapter 41.| 31,536,000 Seconds.|
———————

December had flown by rapidly, a month since the death of Jason, and things were finally getting back to some normalcy

December had flown by rapidly, a month since the death of Jason, and things were finally getting back to some normalcy. They had held a small funeral for Jason at the start of the month, only the Batfamily, since he didn't have anyone else.

Christmas had been a hard time for Isabella, since it was her's and and Jason's favourite holiday. But as soon as the new year rolled around Isabella's tears stopped. There was still the weight on her heart, but it didn't feel as heavy anymore.

Ellie had devoted herself to charity work over the holidays to keep herself busy, whenever she wasn't busy with Dick. The two of them were now sharing a room together, not that it surprised anyone.

Luke had taken over as CEO of Wayne Enterprises and was doing a really good job.

Barbara was keeping contact with the family, even coming over for Christmas dinner and on New Year's Eve. Her and Ellie were slowly mending their friendship with one another.

Life was finally getting back on track for the family.

"I don't understand why I had to come along?" Bruce grumbled to his two daughters. They had spent the day shopping, and getting Isabella out of the Manor had become a sort of routine to help her reconnect with normal life.

"Because all you do is sit about the Manor in the Batcave" Ellie informs her father. "You both need this" Ellie tells her father and sister. "You're both too young to become shut in" Ellie continued. Isabella needed to speak to people again, and socialise. And Bruce was still a billionaire with good looks, so it was far past time he met someone.

"Look who has become all worldly all of a sudden. Where did you and Dick end up going for your date night last night?" Isabella asked her sister. Ellie and Dick went out most nights to get away from all of the people at the Manor.

"The french bistro he took me to on my birthday the first year we were dating" Ellie tells Isabella. She didn't mention that they spent the whole night fucking in the same penthouse suit since her father was around.

"Use protection" Bruce grumbled to his daughter.

"Dad, you are the biggest whore in our family" Isabella corrects her father, causing Isabella and Ellie to giggle with laughter as Bruce grumbles.

"You have your mother's sense of humour" Bruce informs his daughters. "And I hate it" he confessed. All they did was playfully jab at each other and bond over emotional experiences. Watching Constance with the girls was like watching an episode of Gilmore Girls.