31

Monse Santiago

"Hey baby!" I shrieked giving Kali a big hug. I love the fact that I see her as my own. "Hey babe, how was your flight?" I kissed Khalil's lips. "It was straight ma." he says.

"Where's Landon, Lay and Monte?" Kali asked. "Oh they're with their father right now. Which means you get to spend the day with me." I say making her smile. "Let's get our nails done." she got excited. "Whatever you wanna do boo. Let me put some clothes on." I jog upstairs to my room. I've already taken a shower so I just had to put something on. I went into my closet and grabbed a cute little dress. It was pink and from Dior while it had no sleeves nor straps. I'm so glad my breast sit up pretty. Also with some slides from Dior. My hair was in a ponytail so I took it out and brushed it.

"You look like a Barbie ma." Khalil came and slapped my ass. "Thanks daddy." I give him a kiss. "Which purse you wearing?" he asked looking around. "That Dior bag, it's blue and goes with my dress." I point. I put my tennis bracelet on with a tennis anklet also. He handed me my bag and helped me put my chain on. It was one that he bought me when we went shopping in New York. "I love you baby we about to go." I say spraying a bit of perfume and applying lip gloss. I don't feel like glamming up today.

"Come on Kali." I grab her hand and head towards the front door. "Bye Bub." she waved goodbye to him. I opened the passenger door for her and she got in and put her seatbelt on. I got in and pressed start on my car. "I think we should eat first." she said. God I was praying she said that. "Where you wanna eat?"

"IHOP." She said. I remember when me and Von used to go. He'd always take me there, he knew it was my favorite place to eat breakfast and I got the same thing everytime. I don't know why I'm thinking about him right now. I don't miss him but I really do love that man. But I love Khalil too and I'm in love with him. I don't know what's up with me.

"Did you have fun in New York?" I asked. "No." she said. I frowned my face up. "Why what's wrong?"
"My mama don't like me." her eyes watered. "She said I was her biggest mistake." her tears began to roll. My heart broke into pieces hearing her voice crack. She began crying foreal and I did too. I was so hurt for her. I can't wait to see this bitch cause imma beat her ass. "Baby your not going back to see her ok." I sniffle. "My daddy isn't here because of me." she cried harder.

"Kali King that is not true do you hear me? You are not a mistake ok. I love you and so does Khalil that's all that matter ok. You dad is not here because God wanted him to come home. He's watching over you and he loves you." I stop at a red light and rub her back. "Ok." She nodded her head as I wipe her tears away.

*

"That bitch had the nerve to tell my baby that she was a mistake. I want the next flight to New York book my fucking flight!" I tell Khalil. "She told me that too and I handled her."

"What you did to her Khalil? I wanna beat her ass. Because you and applying no pressure." I put my hand on my hip. "We had an argument and she put me out her shit trynna call the police. Bitch is mad crazy."

"Khalil book my flight." I pull my phone out to text my girls to let them know we're taking a trip to New York.

I go in the bathroom and put the phone on the counter to call them. "Hey!" Tommie answers first. "Hey stranger!" Nia answered. "Thought you was dead." Kianna said.

"I got a emergency. We got a make a trip to New York to handle something."

"What we need to do?"

"Whoop a bitch like her mammy shoulda. Had the nerve to tell my lil girl she a damn mistake."

"What?" they said in unison. "And then told her she the reason her daddy gone. Ugh Kali cried so bad I couldn't do shit but cry with her." I shake my head. "Damn Monse all them kids." Kianna shook her head.