2

Atlanta, Georgia
8:30am
Monse Santiago

"I'm here y'all." I ran into the hair salon Nia owns. She started a hair business years ago and lord did it blow up. She's also verified on IG and her hair page. A lot of celebrities buy her hair.

"Kendra gone get her right." she scratched her head pointing to my direction with her finger. "Bitch I had to drop the kids off at school." I tell her sitting in the seat. Kendra took my hat off and ran her fingers through my hair. "You talk to Von today?" she asked resting her hand on her hip.

Nia opened this shop to expand her hair business but instead she made it into a salon. But she still sales her hair. She just cleans the shop up and come check on it she doesn't do hair.

"Girl he ain't call yet but he called all day yesterday to talk to the kids."

"At least he talks to the kids, Laina baby daddy don't even try to contact her about them kids." Kendra spoke parting my hair. I always come with my hair washed and dried.

"Girl." I shake my head. The tea is always good in Nia's shop, I love getting my hair done here. "While Kevin ass keep hollering about he gone put a baby in me, girl I refuse to end up how most of these girls end up."

"I know that's right." I agree. Even though Von is locked up, the stuff he does for them you might as well say he's out. He even attended a parent teacher conference for Landons bad ass behavior through the phone.

"Shit at least you ain't got kids. Chanel run me broke and it's Nards fault. She thinks just because he tells her yes to everything that I will."

"Nia you still do anything she asks."

"Of course but still that's not the point." she tried to defend herself. We all laughed.

A dark skin came in the shop with her hair flowing down her back. She was so pretty to me, I love darker females. She went up to the front counter and grabbed the pen. "Y'all wanna go out to eat after this, imma be hungry."

"Your friend won't say nothing?" Kendra asked as she started on her third cornrow on my head. "Child they asses prolly boo'd up right now. You know Tommie and Kelsey got something going on?"

"Bitch foreal? He been trynna holler at her since y'all was teens."

"Girl she said streets niggas ain't her type anymore she wants a business man."

"Ok I see you then Tommie get that money baby." Nia clapped her hands together.

"I have a hosting at Bella Noche in Louisiana, do y'all mind coming with me?" I ask.

"Sure girl I'm down for anything." Kendra said. I've already asked Kianna and Tommie. Tommie said she's going to be with Kelsey that day and Kianna said she had to see if she was going to make it. It's like as we got older our friendship is still the same we just don't hang out as much and it saddened me because those are my bitches at the end of the day.

"But about this going out to eat. Where we going bitch because I'm hungry?" Nia folded her arms flipping her hair. "Let's go to Canoe." I say.

"That sounds good foreal we can do that. I ain't been there in a while." Nia grabbed her stomach. "You and Nard having another child soon?"

"Hell nah." Nia shook her head no quickly. "Girl they aren't that bad, you just need a boy that's it." I laugh reaching into my purse for my ringing phone. Once I answered it our conversation ended, the girls knew who it was.

"Good morning baby."

"Good morning Von." I said with a smile. "You happy or something bae, you sound extra happy."

"Happy to hear yo voice boo. I'm getting my hair done right now."

"You want me to call you back?"

"No we can talk."

"I can't wait to see you ma." he groaned. "But you can't see me that whole day until I'm fresh as hell."

"Von yo old ass talking about fresh as hell." we laughed. "I'm just 30 Monse."

"You prolly got grey hairs."

"Yeah I'm not there to eat you out. You know that pussy kept my face glowing."

"Boy stop." I squeeze my legs together laughing at him. "When I get out, we gone have a big ass wedding and two more kids baby. Imma do right because we ain't gone ever end." Von spoke into the prison phone. "Ok." I respond.

*

"So I made him buy me more shades." Kendra shrugged taking a sip of her Sprite. "So the other one bought the Birkin?" I ask laughing. Kendra has so many men taking care of her and buying things for her she literally doesn't have to work. She said she chose to just to have money for her if anything goes wrong, like if one man gets mad at her and doesn't pay a bill.

She said she likes to be independent and spoiled at the same time. "Child yes and, Derrick." she lifted her shades looking at us. "He's the only one I'm sleeping with. I swear to god I want to cut them other niggas off but the luxe is so dope. Derrick does anything I ask. He owns a few hotels around the world so girl he bringing the damn change." she sighed. I sipped my drink looking at Nia. "Girl it's time to let them niggas go. If you think Derrick the one then that's who you need to stick with." Nia said. She's right but it isn't like Kendra is sleeping with every one of those men so if she wants to have fun let her have fun.

"Monse if Von was to ask to have a threesome would you do it?" Kendra asked.

"I don't know, it has to be way further into our relationship. Because I like having sex with him, and I know it's vice versa. I don't think I can picture myself having sex with another girl."

"Chile you ain't fucked that man in seven years. Coochie full of dust and webs." Nia and Kendra laughed. "No dust baby." I laugh giving her a look.

"Just know this twat is gold. Von be crying on the phone about how much he miss our sex. Let's talk about it." I do the period motion with a wink.

"Ok." Kendra snapped her fingers. "Grab a straw when you take a sip." I tell Nia. "You do the most." she laughed clapping her hands together. I laughed at her and grabbed my purse. I was looking around for my black card when my phone was knocked out of my hand.

"I'm sorry ma, let me get it for you." a guy said. I took a good look of his face and he was a handsome one. He was darkskinned with wics and gold teeth like he from Florida or something. When he smiled his dimples showed causing me to chuckle a little. He handed me my phone and walked off.

"I'm totally telling Von." Nia said.

"Girl you ain't worth a damn." I laugh.

As I pulled up to the school, Von was FaceTiming me off a iPhone in prison. Let's just say that man is doing good in prison. I parked in the carpool area and answered the phone.

I saw Layla and Landon walking towards the car, Landon hugged some little girl before reaching the car. Layla got in the back seat and spoke to me. "Hey baby, ya daddy on the phone." I handed it to her.

"Hey daddy." she smiled. Landon opened the front door and got in smiling. "That's my girlfriend right there mama. And I'm working on her friend."

"Eww sound like damn Kelsey." I roll my eyes. "Can we go to Kelsey house?" he asked.

"Yeah I'll call him." I pulled out my spare phone from the armrest. I called Kelsey quickly seeing where he was at. But he told me he was about to pull up on Tommie. "He busy."

"That nigga prolly laid up." Landon shook his head. "You know too much for ya age." Von laughed. Landon grabbed the phone and began talking to his dad. I love how Landon and Layla's face light up everything they hear his voice. It's like they're so excited and happy to talk to him. I just hate that he isn't physically here with them.

I pulled up into my driveway and cut the car off. The kids got out and ran to the door. Once I unlocked it they walked in and headed to the table to do their homework. And I made my way to the kitchen to cook for them.