Chapter 84

Empire Mission #1

[‘Reasons Why Flames Rise’ has been consumed. Your understanding is very high.]

[5th Circle magic ‘Flare Burst’ has been acquired.]

[The number of spells the user has consumed is immense. The essence of magic books will be extracted more efficiently.]

As always, the non-emotional voice was heard in Theo’s ears, and Theo immediately closed his eyes to focus on the knowledge.

It was different from before, when he had no problem eating several books at once. This was a 5th Circle book, so he received a storm of knowledge. It wasn’t an amount which could be accommodated without any preparation.

After five minutes, Theodore opened his eyes again. ‘Flare Burst… I thought it would be a more complex magic.’

Vince spoke up from where he was watching on the other side, “Flare Burst is today’s final book?”

“Yes, Master.”

“Try it once. Try to align the timing of the magic spell accurately.” Simultaneously, Vince’s magic power boiled up.

The blazing magic power drew a magic circle in the empty space, and a pillar of heat appeared inside. Flare Burst was an attack magic in the war mage period which turned a lot of enemies in a mass of charcoal.

Just before Vince’s magic created the fire pillar, Theodore also completed the same magic in front of him.

“Flare Burst!”

Immediately before the two fire pillars collided…

Hwaaack-!

Then the flames shot at each other and clashed. The high temperature and flames, which were fierce enough to burn humans, began to spread. This was the flame which had swept up all the hobgoblins on their way to Mana-vil in the past.

“Hrmm, the degree of completeness isn’t bad,” Vince remarked.

The two magicians had formed a shield and were watching the competition between the two fire pillars. The flames struck exactly in the middle, and after waiting a while, Theo’s was gradually pushed to one side. Vince’s Flare Burst had a slight advantage. If this was the case, Theodore would have been turned into ashes.

However, the pushing and pulling between fire pillars ended abruptly. As soon as all the magic power contained in the circles was gone, the two fire pillars disappeared like they had never existed.

It was determined that Theodore’s Flare Burst was a success. Vince removed the remaining heat and approached the spot where the fire pillars collided. The ground had melted due to the strong flames, but it solidified again as soon as he chilled it lightly.

Vince touched his chin and evaluated it, “…Indeed, it is an incredible proficiency for someone who has never used the magic before. An ordinary magician would have to devote two or three years of training to reach that level.”

“But Master’s Flare Burst is faster than mine. The momentum of your flames is also more intense.”

“Well, if you use the same spell for more than a decade, you will pick up some tricks in using it. That is the difference,” Vince explained in a dignified voice before adding. “Things like how to concentrate the flames more reliably and how to construct the magic circle faster… The knowledge gained from books is certainly valuable, but the wisdom refined from experience is also important. Don’t forget that the ability of the grimoire is just one part of you.”