Chapter 87

Sword And Magic Confrontation #1

However, the rude demand couldn’t be accepted immediately. Pan Helliones had proposed a friendly match between the two countries. As Kurt III didn’t say anything, Pan Helliones stepped back to respect the king’s will.

Nevertheless, the atmosphere became heated. So, the talk couldn’t progress further, and the delegation left. No, maybe that was the delegation’s intention.

As the atmosphere in the room turned dreary, Kurt III muttered in a low voice, “…He is still tricky, Andras’ 4th Sword.”

The empire’s 4th Sword, Pan Helliones… His big build made him seem dull, but he was actually quite crafty. He was a politician who knew how to take advantage of his appearance as an ignorant swordsman to strike the opponent.

Perhaps he had intentionally avoided talking about the whole story in the first meeting. If the proposal was accepted, they could review Theodore directly. If it was rejected, they could leave this place like they were victims. In other words, either answer wouldn’t be a loss for the Andras Empire.

The old man in the blue robe, Blundell, nodded like he agreed. “He is a bothersome opponent. He is probably expecting us to refuse the proposal. That way, he can stall for some time during the negotiations.”

“Meanwhile, the rest will go through the capital and gather information. Their intention is probably to drag out the time.”

“Yes, I think so as well.”

Kurt III and Blundell frowned in a similar manner.

The White Tower’s intelligence network was watching the delegation, but the opponents were an elite group accompanied by two sword masters. The empire’s Seven Swords could block off the intelligence network directly. It might be different if the White Tower Master was in the capital, but he had left for a remote region after the last meeting about the convoy.

‘It is better to get rid of them as soon as possible.’

Of course, Meltor’s security wasn’t that poor, and there was little chance of anything major or confidential being leaked. However, the problem was that even the slightest possibility was offensive. The enemy they had been facing for centuries was growling at their border.

Kurt III naturally turned to one person. It was Theodore Miller, one of the people who, along with Blundell, had been ordered to remain in the hall after the delegation left.

“Tell me honestly. You do not need to accept this offer. I know it is a high demand, and there will be no penalty if you refuse.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“But if you are able to defeat them thoroughly, we will have a considerable advantage in the negotiations.” So, he asked as the king of Meltor, “That Rebecca, can you beat her?”

Theodore replied without any hesitation, “Yes, Your Majesty.”

“Even if you don’t use the power of the national treasure?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

Kurt III would like to believe Theo’s confidence. However, the king’s fighting ability wasn’t that great, so he didn’t have the knowledge to judge accurately. He would only make the decision after deliberating with the two greatest masters in Meltor. “Veronica, Blundell. What do you think?”

Veronica came forward like she had been waiting. “If they fight 10 times, he will win nine times, and there will be one tie. At the very least, I don’t think there is a chance of the kid getting hurt.”