Chapter 5

What Does This Book Taste Like #1

Ding-dong-dang-dong…

The lively bell sound announced the end of the second semester. Every student’s final report card would be distributed one week from this day.

Bergen Academy’s school year had ended today. Students, who were not dressed in their school uniforms, ran out the doors, and the professors’ advice to not play around during winter vacation was disregarded by the students.

Generally, except for some young students, the academy’s students avoided staying in school.

“Huu, there is an uproar. Even though it’s chilly, they can still run around like this. Truly, I think being young is the best.”

“Who doesn’t? Ah, maybe a lich?”

“Hahaha, I’m afraid that a lich will just be more bones.”

“Aha, that is a pretty nasty point!”

Even the professors were in a good mood. Finally free from the students who caused them all types of problems, they enjoyed a cup of coffee while chatting with their colleagues. Some talked about the students, while others talked about what to study during the holiday. Some professors were planning to go home a few days later too.

One professor asked Vince, “Professor Vince, are you staying at school during this vacation?”

“Yes, I am,” he replied with a cold expression as usual.

Professor Vince’s soulless voice matched his blank expression.

His fellow professor couldn’t help flinching.

However, due to the fact that they had spent a few years together and had adjusted a little bit, he didn’t stutter when he spoke again. “Recently, I heard that you were focusing on a research project. Is it because of that?”

Professor Vince’s eyes became cold. Naturally, it was rude for magicians to spy on each other’s research. His low voice revealed his discomfort. “That isn’t something to be talked about here.”

“Ha, haha. That’s right. Forget that I asked.”

“……”

Vince glanced at him for a moment before turning his gaze out the window.

The atmosphere of the room suddenly grew chill. Professor Vince was famous for not being very friendly. He was a first-rate magician dispatched from the capital to Bergen Academy, and his position as a senior magician (6th Circle) put him above the other instructors.

In other words, he was a dispatched lecturer and was difficult for the other professors to deal with.

“Oh! You were here, Professor Vince.”

At that moment, a professor entered the office. To put it mildly, this professor was a person with a lot of fat. He packed it in a neatly dressed suit, making him look like a balloon. Thus, the students nicknamed him ‘Balloon’.

The so-called balloon, Professor Balloon, spoke in a giggly voice, “Can I ask you one thing?”

“…Yes.”

Vince couldn’t spit on that grinning face. He stared at Professor Balloon with an annoyed expression. Vince didn’t like this pig who liked to chatter on. Not surprisingly, the words which emerged from Professor Balloon’s mouth didn’t fail to irritate Vince’s nerves.

“Did that boy not graduate again this year?”

His eyebrows wriggled in an obvious taunt.

Theodore Miller…