Chapter 37

Awards Ceremony

Among the events at the Meltor Kingdom’s magic contest, the Pupil Tournament wasn’t such a great one.

Magicians who participated in the contest sent out their disciples for the Pupil Tournament. Speaking bluntly, it could be called a child’s playful banquet. This year was a bit unusual, but it wasn’t a competition which high ranking magicians or nobles would attend.

However, that awareness was turned upside down due to just one person—the King of the Meltor Kingdom, Kurt III.

“W-What? His Majesty himself?!”

“Doesn’t he usually stay at the palace?”

“If this happens, my face needs to be like jade… I can’t look ugly in front of royalty.”

“Attendant! Prepare my dress!”

“Where is the Pentarium?”

The nobles of Meltor were in an uproar after they heard the sudden news.

Even though Kurt III had risen to the throne under the halo of the Magic Towers, he held all the military and administrative powers. So, the officials didn’t dare oppose him, especially after some of the noblemen, who had tried to act for their own interests, had been beheaded.

‘Now is the time to bow my head.’

‘I don’t want my head to fly away…!’

‘It is best to wait for the next generation.’

If they couldn’t win, it was best to become close to the king. They had to bow their heads in order to live for a long time in a society like this. In the end, the nobles gave up on fighting against Kurt III and tried to look good to him. Funnily enough, the actions of the nobles strengthened the king’s power.

However, Kurt III concentrated on governing while pretending to listen to their flattery. All the gifts were sent to the treasury to maintain the budget while the young women filled with greed were sent back to their families. Kurt III was the example of a perfect ruler, with no flaws at all.

So, why had the perfect ruler suddenly decide to hand out the prizes for the Pupil Tournament?

Anyone with a brain would think there was something special about the awards ceremony. That’s why so many nobles had gathered in the main hall of Pentarium, where the final match of the Pupil Tournament had been held. When the magicians heard that the disciple of the Blue Tower Master was involved, the scale of the ceremony grew to a bizarre level.

It was natural that the face of the young man, Theodore, was pale, since he was the center of the ceremony.

“Professor, isn’t the audience in the stands really strange?”

“Hrmm… I can see that. The bureaucrats of several departments have come flocking. Huh, this place has become a spectacle. The three most powerful families of the kingdom have gathered.”

“Uhh, why is this situation…”

It was an event involving the king, but the big shots had gathered in only a few hours!

Theo had never even met an earl, so he couldn’t help feeling alarmed. His skin was already prickling from having multiple gazes on his face, so it was more torturous at the thought of all these high-ranking people watching him.

Theo thought up to there and suddenly looked towards the right.

“!!!”

Sylvia was looking at him. She didn’t know what to do for a moment. Looking embarrassed, she then waved her hand stiffly. He almost smiled at her awkward movements but nodded without doing so.