Chapter 166

The Road Home #1

“Sir Adolf, please look after Brother.”

“Yes, I will do it well.”

As usual, Baek Dongil left Theodore’s room with a grim expression, while Randolph sighed at his retreating back. Randolph was fond of Baek Dongil’s sincere learning attitude and polite character, but the repeated visits were annoying. However, he couldn’t stop Baek Dongil from coming.

Therefore, Randolph suffered from his uncomfortable position in the middle.

‘That reminds me. Including today, it has been a week.’ Randolph thought about the date and then looked at Theodore, who was lying in a nearby bed.

Randolph had been the one who found the unconscious Theodore, and he had also been the first to notice the situation. Theodore didn’t have a fever or cold sweats, so it might seem like he was sleeping. However, the reality of it was different.

Back then, Randolph had looked at the unconscious Theodore and instinctively recognized the situation.

This was the period of transition to go beyond the master’s wall!

A mortal body and spirit couldn’t handle the power of a transcendent. Therefore, mortals who reached the realm of a master had to evolve their body and mind to the level of the transcendent power.

The term ‘Physical Change’ referred to the phenomenon in which an imbalance in the body was rectified and raised beyond its innate limits. It was a bonus that all the wastes hidden in the body were removed.

Randolph recalled what he had experienced at the time he’d gone through the same thing and thought that the magician’s transitional period was rather modest.

“It was a wrong judgment,” Randolph said as he squeezed Theodore’s wrist lightly and immediately made a serious expression.

His serious expression was due to the vortex of power swirling inside Theo’s body, exactly like it had been on the first day of the transition. The flow was so wide and powerful that Randolph couldn’t intervene, despite being a sword master. It was impossible to calm it down from the outside.

Randolph had to wait until the owner of the power, Theodore Miller, could control it himself. However, the biggest problem was if the attempt failed. What if the terrible power Randolph sensed burst out of Theodore’s body? The mansion would be shattered, and the damage might reach the faraway town. It was a different type of waste material.

Randolph smiled as he glanced at Theodore’s still sleeping face.

‘Is Theo is special, or magicians are always like this?’

Of course, Theodore’s case was special, but Randolph had no way of knowing this.

However, despite knowing the risks, Randolph didn’t leave Theodore’s side. He believed that he could stop the crisis or that Theodore would overcome this trial. It was a myth, but in the Andras Empire, the greater the crisis during one’s transition, the greater the potential.

If that was the case, Theodore would be reborn as an unprecedented master.

“…Well, it might just be my delusion.” Randolph found it funny and laughed
as he rose to his feet.

From morning to night, he stayed by Theodore’s side. This meant he couldn’t even eat properly. Randolph headed to a nearby kitchen in order to drink a glass of water. The duration of time he spent there was three minutes at most.

Soon after Randolph left the kitchen, he grabbed the doorknob of Theodore’s room and felt an unknown thrill enter his body.

A sword master’s keen senses noticed the before and after change in the room. The unstable flow of mana, which had been like a typhoon, had completely calmed down. If so, there could only be one cause.