Chapter 15

Here Comes The Mutiny #3

Battle magic was the most popular subject in the academy. Additionally, having achievements in battle magic was equivalent to being first when academy graduates were assessed for their value. There was even a competition for students of various academies to recruit the graduates.

It was the same with Bergen Academy, Therefore, the professor in charge was naturally the best magician in the academy, Vince. In fact, he had a distinguished career as a war magician and had received a noble title for it.

However, that was just annoying to Vince.

“Since ancient times, magicians have had a very close relationship with war. The reason for this is very simple. Magicians are extremely efficient soldiers. While a well-trained knight can cut down more than 10 people, a 4th Circle magician can burn 100 people.”

Some of the students paled at the realism in his cold voice. For them, murder and war were overly heavy topics. The expression ‘efficient’ was simply too cold. However, not everyone responded that way.

Some students’ eyes shone at Vince’s words and became eager to try the magic right now. There was no other greater route to success than being a combat magician. Rather than refusing to kill, they were the type of people who wanted their abilities to be recognized. In any case, this type of personality was much better. At the very least, they wouldn’t throw up.

‘Either way, they are just young chicks.’

Vince assessed the students’ reactions with a sober eye. According to his experiences, those who could fight in battle didn’t respond that way. Rather than being lighthearted, their emotions wouldn’t be exposed on the surface. For an ordinary person capable of becoming a separate person on the battlefield… That was the talent needed to be a war magician.

“This academy was once a facility to raise magicians who would be sent to the battlefield. It isn’t obligatory to enter the army now, but the battle magic course is left to develop a sense of real warfare.”

There were a few references in the curriculum he used to teach the students. The one-on-one spar in the first class was a product of those days. Although a few steps had been erased, there was no better way to identity a student’s qualities.

Two students would alternate between the roles of attacker and defender, and the one who was superior would be decided as the winner. Even if it was a structured, this was a proven training method.

Vince started explaining the rules of the spar.

“Well, the rules are simple. I will keep watch, so don’t worry about getting injured. Just do the best that you can… However.”

For a moment, magic power flashed in his eyes.

“If you commit a foul, such as disregarding the order of attack or an unexpected strike… I will use my name to get you expelled from the academy. Understood?”

“Yes!”

Professor Vince was famous for being strict and fair. Knowing that warning wasn’t a bluff, the students replied with stiff voices.

Vince then took out the attendance sheet and pointed to the first person who would do the spar.

“Then we will begin immediately. Number 1, Evans. Pick a person.”

* * *

Bang!

A fireball exploded against a shield with a loud sound. Dozens of magic missiles then flew through the air, causing the shield to lose its shape. Lightning was shot into a curtain of water, and wind deflected an arrow.