Chapter 68

High Elf Ellenoa #2

Simultaneously, a spectacular banquet room appeared before both of them.

There were silver and gold decorations, and a jeweled chandelier, as well as marble states which seemed like the work of a master craftsman. The wooden dining table was made from the trees of the Northern Great Forest, and they held dishes which were difficult to find even if someone offered dozens of gold coins. It was luxurious but not vulgar; this was a space which was hard to find in other noble homes.

Earl Bergen, the man sitting at the dinner table, greeted Vince and Theodore with open arms. "Ohh, the heroes of Bergen have arrived!"

He had a fairly handsome appearance. His clothing were slightly wrinkled, but it wasn't enough to make someone frown. Rather, it softened the impression of the rather bulky man. Above all, the bright smile on his face contained a true sincerity.

It was because slave trading was a national felony. If the two people hadn't come or if they failed the mission, he would've had to take responsibility for allowing slavery to exist in his territory. For Earl Bergen who didn't know anything, it would've been like a lightning bolt striking from the sky.

The two people arrived in front of his chair and bowed.

"I am Red Tower's Superior magician, Vince Haidel."

"I am Red Tower's Average magician, Theodore Miller."

Earl Bergen received their greetings with a smile and gestured for them to sit down. Despite being in a higher position, the two magicians weren't people he could easily trifle with. Additionally, he already had a relationship with Vince.

"Hahaha! It has been a long time, Professor Vince. I didn't know that I would see you again like this."

"Yes, it is the same for me as well. I quit my position as a professor, only to come back here in a few months. I didn't know I would deal with such a big event like elf slave trading."

"This was a really big incident. Why in my territory…"

Despite the Earl talking like he knew about everything, Vince hadn't told him a few facts.

It was kept from the Earl that a high elf was present among the kidnapped elves and that the slave organization [Shackler] was just a front for the secret unit of the Austen Kingdom. This was because it could develop into a huge political issue.

'I don't know if news has reached the capital yet, but it is still early at the moment.' Vince calmly distinguished between what information could and couldn't be told.

Setting aside from Earl Bergen's personality, the hidden facts of this case were too big. They couldn't be allowed to rise to the surface of the water. If it was known that the high elf was present in Bergen, there existed the possibility that other kingdoms would start interfering. However, there were only two magicians here, and Vince wouldn't be able to cope with the situation in his injured condition.

It was why he turned Earl Bergen toward another topic. There was one thing bothering him.

"Earl."

"Oh, feel free to speak! I will help you with anything you need."

"The things you have given us so far is enough. I just wanted to ask something."

Both Theodore and his teacher turned their attention to someone sitting beside Earl Bergen. The person was a girl was long blonde hair who looked to be around the same age as Theo. Her skin had the distinctive unblemished fairness of a noble, and she had a beauty which wasn't easily seen on the streets.