Chapter 146

Sea Dragon Aquilo #2

“Look, I’m right,” Randolph spoke grumpily while wearing a mithril alloy breastplate, gauntlets, and leggings, and carrying his falchions. He was fully armed as they were facing an opponent who the death knight couldn’t even compare to.

“First a warlock and now a dragon… When I’m with Young Master, I can meet all types of existences.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize. As I said before, this is my choice, and I’ve always wanted to see a dragon at least once.”

Randolph grinned and shook his head at Theodore’s apology. For a warrior, facing death always raised a master’s level. A person who turned away from it wasn’t qualified to be a master.

Three days had passed, and it was time to visit Aquilo. The duo desperately prepared countermeasures. They armed themselves with the highest level of equipment on the island, as well as magic scrolls and consumables.

However, Theodore’s brilliant mind was well aware of the odds.

‘Even if we fight 10 times, it would be lucky if we won once.’

Despite everything the two people had done, their odds of victory didn’t exceed 1%. Gluttony had given him information about ‘Dragon Words’ and prepared a secret destruction word, but there was no guarantee it would work properly.

If possible, it was best not to fight. Theodore realized this again and gulped.

“Well, don’t be too nervous.” At that moment, Randolph knocked on his shoulder and said, “Isn’t a dragon famous for its fickleness? There is no point worrying about things with no answers. So, just think about it after we meet her.”

“…Surprisingly, you can sometimes say good words.”

“What are you saying?!” Randolph, who had given him good advice, raised his voice.

On the other hand, Theodore suppressed his anxieties. The vicious being had an ‘unpredictable’ nature, so it was impossible to guess her actions. He had been preparing for the last three days, and now, he would have to face her head on.

Theodore opened his mouth with a faint smile. “Then let’s try it once.”

Randolph laughed at his aggressive words. “Okay, let’s go!”

With more intense speculation and determination than ever, the two men left the inn.

* * *

The Sea God Festival.

It was a festival held once a year on the Pirate Archipelago. Even the rulers who separated the islands into four zones didn’t dare set a schedule, and Theodore quickly guessed the reason.

‘It is probably on Aquilo’s whim.’

The four rulers were all a smokescreen. The true owner of the Pirate Archipelago was Sea Dragon Aquilo, and the four rulers were peasants who managed the islands according to her commands. It was just his guess, but this Sea God Festival might’ve been decided three days ago. Shortly after talking to Theodore, she had prepared a place to lure him in.

He was convinced after seeing this bustling scene.

“Hey! You bastard, where are you looking?”

“Don’t make such a fuss when I am looking straight ahead!”

“What? Do you want to fight here?”

In the narrow marina, people were arguing, and there were sometimes fist fights.