Chapter 158

One Year Later #4

As he spoke, the aura around Baek Jongmyung burned even further. However, Theodore didn’t move.

Unlike his opponent who was only accepting it now, Theodore had anticipated this situation from the beginning. Catching Baek Jongmyung’s feet with Magic Bullet… and launching a surprise attack using Memorize… Theodore had done these things, but he had never thought they would work.

‘Surprise attacks don’t mean much to a sword master.’

It was true that he had sparred many times with Randolph, but a sword master was literally a grim reaper.

Their response speed was different that of from normal aura users. Just like how one’s body would shrink back when it touched something hot or cold, a sword master’s aura had already reached the area of spinal reflexes. They could prevent ambushes even while in a deep sleep, and a lightning strike would be prevented with minimal damage.

A sword master’s aura was for offense and defense.

Setting aside their Aura Ability, their combat power with pure aura was extremely threatening. High attack power and defense, excellent mobility, and overwhelming endurance… there were no weaknesses.

Kakiing…

At that moment, Baek Jongmyung’s blade moved like a wave. Seeing it, Theodore muttered unconsciously, “…Soft sword?”

“Oh, so you know it. I heard that it isn’t often used in the west, so you have great knowledge,” Baek Jongmyung replied with an admiring expression.

However, Theodore would’ve thought it was just a strange swordsmanship if it wasn’t for Lee Yoonsung’s memories. With a strong and resilient metal, the sword was capable of creating trajectories with a unique flexibility. A master could use it to deal fatal blows from any angle.

Regrettably, Lee Yoonsung had no experience fighting against it.

“Then let’s get started,” Baek Jongmyung spoke as he rushed forward first.

The sword in his right hand moved like a whip several times, with the sword’s acceleration creating afterimages. Theodore had only experienced Randolph’s straightforward sophistication, but this was fundamentally different.

Pit! Blood splattered out.

Even with the help of his sensory perception, Theodore got injured. Baek Jongmyung had swung from a distance which the sword couldn’t reach Theodore, but a line of blood was still drawn on Theodore’s cheek.

Once a whip struck, it would become as hard as a mace. Similarly, the power of the curved sword was launched at Theodore’s face!

‘Indeed, this technique…!’ Theodore stopped breathing while inwardly admiring it.

At a close distance, it was faster and more powerful than Magic Bullet. The snake-like orbit was difficult to read, and it wasn’t a technique he could cope with, even with his senses. Above all, it wasn’t a technique which ended with one or two hits. Instead, the attacks poured out like rain.

No, it was like a snake with hundreds of heads.

Ping!

The protective magic he used as a shield was pierced like it was a piece of cloth. Defense magic which shielded his whole body wasn’t good against a single-point attack. However, if he reduced the defense area, a mistake of a few millimeters would lead to a fatal injury.

‘I can’t block it. I should avoid it.’ Theodore was out of breath as he activated, ‘Battle Song. Sonata of Speed. Vivace.’

Battle Song strengthened his overall physical abilities while the others enhanced his mobility. His speed had temporarily increased by 50%, so he was determined to find a breakthrough. Unsurprisingly, the light in Theodore’s eyes soon started to see some of the orbit.