Chapter 157

One Year Later #3

Elsid’s group also wanted to sort out the confusing situation, so they accepted Theodore’s proposal without raising any objections. However, unlike Baek Jongmyung and his two children who were looking at the mansion, Elsid and Marquis Piris were busy thinking about the unexpected situation.

This was because the plan they had thought of in advance would no longer work.

‘What should I do in this situation?’

The awkward atmosphere continued as the group walked through the front door and into the mansion’s reception room.

Following Theodore’s direction, Elsid sat down and worried about what to say. He had planned to question the two people whose identities were unclear and then buy back this mansion. However, the opponents were much bigger than he had imagined. One was a senior magician praised by a sword master, while the other was a sword master who could be a marquis in any country.

However, Marquis Piris managed to calm his mind.

‘…No, it makes no difference even if they are bigger than I thought. Piris is our territory. No matter what status they have, they need to bend down in the presence of the crown prince!’

He didn’t know why these people were hiding here, but it didn’t have anything to do with his task. After that, he spoke to the two people on behalf of the crown prince, whose status had yet to be disclosed.

“First of all, I would like to apologize for the sudden visit, Sir Ted.”

“No, Marquis Piris. This territory is Marquis Piris’. As guests, we shouldn’t disrespect the owner.”

“I appreciate your understanding.” Marquis Piris’ eyes shone. “However, before I get to the point, I would like you to identify yourself. If I am the master of this land as you said, shouldn’t I have a right to know the secret?”

“They are fair words,” Theodore said, nodding politely, “If this was a year ago.”

“C-Cough!”

It was a sharp admonishment. Theodore had previously spoken such golden words, and now he was saying this? It was a truly sarcastic remark.

Marquis Piris coughed a few times with a red face before continuing, “Please understand that many things have changed since that time. I wouldn’t have accepted the deal if I had known your companion was a sword master.”

“Umm.”

“Today’s topic isn’t for me to say. This person here…”The marquis paused. Then Elsid nodded, giving him permission, and so the marquis continued, “He is the next king of the Soldun Kingdom, Prince Elsid.”

If Marquis Piris thought that his disclosure would make the duo panic, he was mistaken. Theodore’s and Randolph’s expressions remained calm.

“It is great to meet Your Highness.”

“…It is good to meet you, unknown guests.”

Elsid’s greeting showed he wanted them to give up their identities, but the duo stayed silent. It meant they wouldn’t speak up even if the opponent was a crown prince instead of a marquis.

Elsid understood the meaning of their silence and frowned, but it was difficult to pursue it at this stage. They weren’t opponents he couldn’t overpower through force. However, his national power was divided in half due to infighting. The crown prince couldn’t afford to increase the number of enemies.

Theodore grasped his feelings and changed the subject, “Then Crown Prince, why are you visiting this humble place?”

Then the marquis replied on behalf of Elsid, “There is a story behind it, but I want to buy back this mansion.”

The Book Eating MagicianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara