Chapter 97

State Guests Of Elvenheim #3

The news of the mission to Elvenheim spread through the magic towers and the Magic Society.

The king had commanded them to be silent about it, but it was unavoidable in order to find magicians to participate in the mission. Anyway, the number of Superior magicians currently in Mana-vil was less than 100, so there was little chance of it leaking onto the streets.

However, those who heard the news were ecstatic.

“At present, there are 93 Superior magicians remaining in Mana-vil, of which 71 are willing to participate in the delegation. Of the remaining, 13 wanted to apply but had to give up due to their circumstances,” Vince smiled wryly as he explained the craze raging inside the Magic Society.

Elvenhein was the holy land of the elves where humans weren’t allowed to step foot in, so the ability to explore that mysterious world pulled out desire even from magicians. Even if it wasn’t a major expedition, it was worth going into the heart of the Great Forest.

The magicians of the magic towers were always thirsty for stimulation.

“…It is very noisy.”

“Who wouldn’t want to go? It may not be exposed to the outside, but it is currently an unbearable situation where people are mobilizing all types of bribes or stories.”

Elvenheim was a mystical land overflowing with elementals and mana. So far, the kingdom of the elves had never been exposed. It was a sanctuary where six high elves were staying. If the magicians could see the hidden secrets, they would be able to jump years or decades in understanding.

Some people wanted to cross the ‘wall,’ while others wanted to acquire new research material. Magicians with their own purpose tried to show their worth to the White Tower Master, Orta.

In a sense, Kurt III had made the best judgment when he entrusted the recruitment to the White Tower Master. If it were Theodore who didn’t know politics, who knew what would happen?

“Hoo… It might seem a little pathetic, but I’m glad I don’t have that role.”

“Haha, it is true for me as well. If you were to act as the screening officer, I wouldn’t even have time to talk to you.”

There was a difference in treatment of a Superior ranked magician and a tower master. Needless to say, it was much easier to approach a Superior magician with a bribe than a tower master. Kurt III had considered this, which was why he hadn’t given Theodore the authority.

Vince explained up to there and got up. “I should go. There isn’t much time left until the interview?”

“Interview?”

“It is the instruction from the White Tower Master. He told us to summarize what national interest we can obtain from Elvenheim.”

In the end, Theodore couldn’t help laughing. “Aren’t you busy with your study of the ancient language?”

“Well, shouldn’t I get fresh air sometimes? Besides, I may be able to find some clues in Elvenheim. If you think about it, elves are like witnesses of history, so it is a reasonable conclusion.”

Vince’s words weren’t wrong. Elves lived more than three times as long as
humans, so Theo couldn’t deny the possibility that records of ancient languages could be left in Elvenheim’s library.

However, Theo didn’t nod and whispered to Vince who was standing stiffly, “Master, isn’t that an excuse?”

“Uhuh! I like intelligent disciples, but disciples who are sharp are uncomfortable.”