Chapter 159

One Year Later #5

Baek Jongmyung admitted his defeat with a feeling in his heart which he hadn’t felt for a long time. He had been able to penetrate through Theodore’s puzzling magic, but the means of producing the result was the problem.

His sword master’s instincts, which penetrated through the unknown technique and the power hidden in it, meant he’d crossed the line without hesitation. Baek Jongmyung apologized to Theodore with a red and ashamed face, “I am ashamed, Sir Ted. I used a strong ability that was against the rules… I shouldn’t have done it.”

That’s right. The fearsome blow which stabbed through Theodore’s magic was ‘Aura Ability.’ This was the most powerful ability of a sword master, who fell behind a magician in terms of firepower. It was an unreasonable ability that went beyond tactical magic and the power of a god.

Magicians who faced it for the first time usually panicked or became traumatized by the sword master. However, Theodore didn’t enter the standards of ‘normal.’

‘Master Baek’s ability… Is it 【Penetration】or 【Breakthrough】? No, I can’t be sure when only seeing it once…’ Theodore was busy analyzing the abnormalities in the auras, rather than being angry at Baek Jongmyung’s foul.

The audience watching them from afar might not know, but Theodore, who had faced Baek Jongmyung’s sword, had been able to see it clearly. The fusion of two magic powers had created an explosion, while a silver aura had broken through the center.

Despite the fact that both Randolph and Baek Jongmyung were sword masters, Randolph’s power was completely different from this. However, for a magician, unknown facts about aura were exciting.

Thus, Theodore’s answer to Baek Jongmyung was delayed by one beat.

“…No. Thanks to that, the spar could finish without a big injury, so I am thankful.”

“However…”

“-Besides,” Theodore said with a bitter smile, rejecting the objection, “Look around. If Master Baek broke the rules, I did as well.”

Baek Jongmyung looked around with a bewildered expression before realizing what Theodore meant.

According to the rules which the two men had agreed upon in advance, Baek Jongmyung hadn’t been allowed to use his Aura Ability while Theodore hadn’t been allowed to use wide-area magic which affected more than half of the empty lot.

However, what had happened to the landscape after the last clash? The center where the two people were standing was relatively intact, but the shock wave had destroyed the ground, reached the forest outside the open space, and even a few trees were torn down.

Baek Jongmyung might have erased most of the magic with his Aura Ability, but the power was enough to affect the spectators standing far away from them.

As Theodore gazed down at his hands, he admired the power of the magic.

‘Is it still too dangerous to be used in practice…?’

This hadn’t been a proper magic spell but a blast caused by the repelling force of two high-density magic powers. It was a primitive application of magic power. The explosion wouldn’t have occurred if it had been at the level he’d thought about.

Yet this incomplete magic power was enough to threaten a sword master. If he could complete it properly, he had one more weapon against the master class. Theoretically, he could defeat the 5th stage Pride using this.

His right arm had become Blizzard by using Aquilo’s power, while his left arm had become Inferno by using Muspelheim’s power.

It circulated according to the concept of ‘Yin Yang,’ an eastern philosophy which referred to the combining of two opposing forces, amplifying the unique magic. Unlike the Fusion Magic which had already existed in the past, this was a new spell that Theodore invented.