Chapter 58

Zero Library Delicacy #4

After exactly 30 hours and 12 minutes, Theodore regained consciousness.

As soon as he recovered his mind, he felt a strange incompatibility with his body. His body felt both heavier and lighter. Either way, the weight difference couldn’t be confirmed. His five senses also seemed sharp and several times more sensitive.

Sarok… saruruk… A soft sound tickled at his eardrums. His eyes, which hadn’t opened yet, twitched in response to the noise.

‘…This, is it the rustling sound of the hem of a robe?’ The sound was coming from somewhere near him.

As Theo’s consciousness gradually became clearer, his tightly closed eyelids opened to reveal blue-green eyes. Just like his hearing, his eyesight also seemed to have improved, as the stains on the ceiling had become much clearer. It was strange since Theodore’s eyesight had been worsening due to all the books he’d read in the library.

Theo quickly realized that he was lying on Vince’s bed and slowly raised his body. His limbs were stiff due to not moving for 30 hours, so as blood flowed back into his stiff limbs, a moan naturally emerged.

“Ummm…”

“Oh! Have you woken up? What is the status of your body?” When Vince heard his voice, he immediately jumped up. Theo had collapsed suddenly, so Vince had prepared a few emergency potions in case there was a problem. Fortunately, there seemed to be no external issues.

Vince sat back down on his chair and said, “It has been around 30 hours since you consumed [Battle Song]. I don’t know what happened, but you should first take a look in the mirror.”

“Mirror… What are you saying?” Theo got up with a bewildered expression.

He soon had no choice but to look down at himself. It was because the clothes he had been wearing before Gluttony ate [Battle Song] had almost been turned into rags. His shirt sleeves were fine. However, his chest area, and so on, were snug, and his thigh areas were covered with holes, like the wrong size had been forced on. Then Theo didn’t hesitate anymore and followed Vince’s advice.

He stood in front of the full-body mirror in the room and found himself lost for words. “Eh?”

Truth be told, Theodore Miller’s body had been in a poor state. He had been exercising for a few months, but his body was still skinny. He wouldn’t be able to win against an apprentice knight if he didn’t use magic. He might have some real life experience with weapons, but it was the same as putting a pearl necklace on a pig.

However, what was with this reflection in the mirror?

“…This is ridiculous,” Theo unconsciously muttered when he saw his body. It was because the image reflected in the mirror was strange.

The shoulders which had exposed shoulder bones a few days ago were now covered with thick muscles, and he would fill up any previously baggy clothes. His two legs, which had been as thin as branches, were now as strong as a warrior’s. If he had a sword hanging from his waist and wore armour then, he would look like a young swordsman.

‘It isn’t just that. My strength, stamina, and senses have also improved.’

Theo carefully made a fist. The series of movements stimulated his frontal muscles, and his forearm rose up sharply. The strong muscles were like twisted ropes. He could feel a tremendous strength gathering in the palm of his hand. If he was holding an apple, then some juices might be leaking out right now.

Despite having only gained some of Lee Yoonsung’s abilities, Theo was now at the level of a decent knight. Then that meant Lee Yoonsung must’ve been a monster. He had probably devoted himself to training despite not having the constitution for aura.