Chapter 41

Return Home After Five Years #2

After the meeting, the events progressed really quickly. They received the full support of the Blue Tower Master, so the Magic Society completed all the necessary procedures to dispatch an investigator, and the 100 gold was immediately paid to Theo.

Although he was distracted, he was able to obtain transportation to the Miller Barony. It was thanks to the merchant company that he had accompanied recently.

“Thank you for your help in acquiring it so quickly.”

“No, shouldn’t I be thanking you? Thanks to Professor and your disciple, didn’t my company reach the capital safely? I can certainly do this simple request for you!”

“You are truly worthy of becoming the boss of the company.”

The carriage Gordon had prepared for Theo wasn’t something which could have been made in one day and as a favour.

The body of the carriage was lightweight due to magic, and it could seat up to six people. Even though it was only a temporary rental, it was a carriage which would cost a few gold. Yet it was used to pay back a mere favour.

However, Gordon just smiled widely.

‘The professor is wearing a robe with the symbol of a 6th Circle magician… This is the chance to form a link with a senior member of the Magic Society!’

Gordon was a seasoned merchant. So, when he learned of Vince’s achievement, he pretended not to know. It was necessary to offer human ‘affection’ in order to form a relationship with a magician who was disconnected from the world.

He kept this position in mind and obtained the luxurious carriage.

‘A thorough merchant. Well, it isn’t bad.’

Of course, Vince knew of Gordon’s ulterior motives but accepted the small favour anyway for his disciple. There was no need to give back what had been given to him. As soon as Vince finished his conversation with Gordon, he approached Theo who was waiting beside the carriage.

He wanted to exchange a few greetings before leaving.

“Have a good rest. After the contest is over, most of the annoying people will return to their homes to concentrate quietly on magic.”

“Yes, Master.”

“And keep that dimension pocket well. There is magic on it for the investigators to track, so the costs will be charged to you.”

“…I will take care of it.”

Theo grew nervous as he looked at the dimension pocket in his hands. He had to consume two to three books a day, which meant he needed a means to carry the large volume of books. So, Vince had rented a space pocket and given it to Theo.

However, the management was strict, so there were many bloody stories about the investigations. If Gluttony swallowed the dimension pocket…

‘I might be dragged to a hearing and…?’

Theo had heard rumours about the Magic Society, so his complexion turned pale at the thought.

He even thought that he shouldn’t hold the pocket with his left hand. So far, Gluttony had never popped out without being called or when it was hungry, but Theo never knew. There was nothing wrong with taking extra precautions.

As they talked about a different subject, the coachman arrived and sat down on the carriage.

“Then, I’ll be going now, Master.”