Chapter 73

Convoy From The Capital #3

The three gust wagons rushed down the mountains.

Transformed into the wind itself, the wagons occasionally ran into monsters obstructing the way. The wagons slammed into kobolds and goblins with huge destructive power and turned them into blood on the wheels of the wagons.

Even big monsters like trolls and ogres couldn’t escape dying.

Kwang!

It seemed like the number of those killed by the wagons had increased by one.

‘Wow, isn’t it completely shattered?’ Theodore clicked his tongue as he watched the blue blood scattering outside the window. Since the blood was blue and there were the remains of an insect, it must’ve been a giant mantis which was crushed.

A threatening monster which even first-class mercenaries were afraid of had been destroyed by the wagon. On the contrary, the wagon didn’t feel the impact at all.

‘Maybe this could be used as a weapon?’ Theo rejected it as soon as he had the thought. ‘…No, it is impossible.’

The wagon had great power and speed, but the workforce required to get the most out of the wind power was too advanced. Rather than assigning a few 5th Circle magicians to a wagon, it was more efficient for them to fight directly.

He shook off the thought and turned to Mitra who was playing in the seat next to him.

[Hoi!]

Pororong.

She was playing with the sylph Ellenoa had summoned. The elemental, which looked like a translucent sparrow, spread its wings at Mitra’s signal. The scene of a little girl and a bird playing together happily was like an illustration from a fairy tale book. Theo’s heart calmed down slightly at the sight.

At that moment, he felt a soft touch as fingers entwined with his.

“Eh, Ellenoa?”

Theo looked down at his hand and was shocked as he realized the identity of the other person. It was because Ellenoa, sitting across from him, was holding his hand. The pleasant sensation of her slim, soft hand was vividly transmitted through the palm of his hand. This was despite him knowing that Ellenoa was a neutral gender.

However, her voice was as calm as always as she said, “Are you worried about your mentor?”

Those words pierced right inside of Theo.

His blushing complexion instantly turned pale. His thoughts turned grim as soon as he thought about his mentor, Vince, volunteering to stay behind in Bergen. They had talked a few times about the decision, but Theo still couldn’t fully understand it.

To Theodore Miller, Vince was his one-of-a-kind mentor, and his value was immeasurable.

“Yes, that’s right.” Theo nodded with a bitter smile.

It was funny that he was worried about his mentor, but Vince was in an injured state. According to Shugel, Vince’s injury would worsen if he moved using space magic. Theo was reluctant to let such a person act as bait.

Then Ellenoa squeezed his hand and whispered in a small voice, “Don’t be too concerned. His fate has yet to reach the time when the knot will be tied.”

“Huh?” Theo’s eyes widened at the words.

He would’ve ignored her if she were a fortuneteller on the streets, but Ellenoa was a mysterious high elf. Furthermore, elves were a species famous for not being able to tell lies. Theo mulled over the meaning of Ellenoa’s words before asking in a trembling voice, “…Ellenoa, can you see the future?”