Chapter 192

Around The Desert #2

Kurururung!

The carriage followed the trail of Veronica’s breath straight through the middle of the desert.

It was better than traveling through sand which went up to the height of an adult male’s chest, but it was hard to say that the path was smooth when it had suddenly become melted igneous rock.

Despite bouncing over stones, and traveling up and down steep slopes, the carriage was still moving somehow. Fortunately, it wasn’t bad inside the carriage. It was because there were all types of magic covering the carriage to prevent external shakes or shock.

Rather, there was an unnatural stillness. The landscape seen through the windows on either side of the carriage was just sand, while the people inside it didn’t break the silence.

There was the great magician who was notorious in many ways, the Red Tower Master Veronica…

Meltor’s four top prospects gathered together, Quattro…

And the guardian of Austen who had been captured by them, Mujak.

Mujak was guilty of unauthorized entry, so he wasn’t in a position to speak first. Meanwhile, William and Sylvia found it hard to act freely in the presence of Veronica, their superior. Para never spoke unless she had to, and Theodore wasn’t good at socializing either.

Therefore, there was only one person who could break this silence—Veronica. Veronica was bored and spoke in a husky voice, “Ah, it is too boring. And we have to continue for a few more days like this.”

She stretched out her legs while complaining. It was a considerable distance that they had to travel, even if this was just the outskirts of the Meuse Desert. As such, the expected arrival time was three days.

Veronica was bored after looking out the window for a while and spoke to Theodore, “Since I have to do it anyway… Shall I start the promised class on Sorcery?”

Theodore was surprised by the sudden offer and questioned, “Huh? In here?”

“Isn’t it okay? The rest are still young, but they are tower master candidates, so they should learn it.”

“That’s right, but…”

It was fine for Quattro to hear it. However, the problem was the outsider, Mujak. What if a sword master learned something key about Sorcery? There was no reason to take the risk. However, Veronica waved off Theodore’s concerns.

“It doesn’t matter. The Aura Ability is different from Sorcery. No weaknesses will be revealed just from knowing the theory, and it is hard for people who aren’t high-level magicians to understand.”

“Then we will listen.”

“Okay, pay attention. I won’t tell you twice.”

The others might not have seven circles like Theodore, but they were magicians who were more enthusiastic about learning than anyone else. With the exception of Para, the prospective tower masters focused their attention on Veronica.

As three pairs of eyes gathered on her, Veronica created a few fire circles in the air and started explaining. “I’m not sure as to the extent of your knowledge, but you know that a magician’s circles are slightly different for each person, right?”

“Yes.”

“They are the same as muscles and bones. Nutrition and discipline… Their composition and form will change with several variables and environmental conditions. Specialization in specific attributes is formed largely from the efficiency of magic power circulation. In special cases, it can deviate from the existing magical system. Sorcery is a term referring to the phenomenon that is this change.”