Chapter 45

I Ask You #2

However, it took a while for Theo to hear the answer.

It seemed like Gluttony didn’t know what had been happening while it slept.

Theo was forced to explain the situation briefly. He spoke about the missing investigator, the massive number of undead in the area, and the presence of the warlock who controlled them. There were so many questions, but he had to ask just one thing.

-…Yes, I understand.

Gluttony said as Theo paused.

–According to your explanation, this certainly isn’t a normal case. I can guess the source.

“What is it?” Theo was taken aback.

A magician event like this fell into its range of questions and answers? This was unexpected. Gluttony, the grimoire who ate wisdom, pulled out an answer which the two geniuses would’ve never been able to guess.

–It is likely that a ‘grimoire’ has been found in the cave.

Theo’s eyes widened at the word ‘grimoire.’

Numerous magicians called them ‘unidentified.’ As Vince Haidel had explained, the grimoires possessed huge strength. They were creatures containing wisdom and power, of which the source and origin were unknown. The existence of the grimoires could make the whole world dizzy.

He couldn’t agree with some of the evaluations, but as an owner of a grimoire, Theodore knew just how beyond common sense was the existence of a grimoire. It had made a dunce of the 2nd Circle into someone capable of beating Sylvia.

If the power of such a grimoire had intervened, it was possible to increase a person’s black magic in a short period of time.

“There are other grimoires like you?”

-I am a grimoire belonging to the Seven Sins set. When it comes to grimoires… No, I don’t know exactly. It would be more accurate to detect it, rather than make a hypothesis.

Gluttony seemed to mumble to itself before making a suggestion.

–User, if you agree, I will consume your power to detect any grimoire in the vicinity. I will look for the place where the warlock is hiding as an extra.

“That’s a welcome offer but…” Theo looked down at his palm in a dubious manner. “Why are you being so nice? It isn’t like you, so tell me what you want.”

–Hohoho, it isn’t bad for you either.

There was the sound of laughter, and the tongue acted like the thought was mouthwatering.

-I can also eat ‘grimoires.’ It is possible to absorb the knowledge and functions or even free a seal. If so, your achievements as a magician will grow several times faster than it does now.

“…As usual, you are hungry.”

-It is my essence.

Theo was worried about the suggestion for a moment, but there was no choice. Even if grimoire didn’t exist, it was still necessary to find the location of the warlock. In the end, he nodded, and Gluttony activated the function.

Du-geun.

There was a loud heart beat similar to a wave of vibration, which resonated beyond the range of a human ear. This was a technique which would be called science instead of magic in other societies. Instead of sound or radio waves, the function was reproduced with magic power.

The wave of magic power extended several kilometers before returning to its epicenter.

[Detection complete.]