Chapter 128

Karga's Underground Auction #1

In the central continent, sunset was one or two hours behind the south and north, where the sun started to fall at 6 o’clock in the evening.

For that reason, Kargas’ lively nights were short but intense. No one could deny that such geographical conditions contributed to the rise of the trade kingdom. It was sincere enjoyment when the sun shone, and once the moon emerged, there was more entertainment than any other country.

The trading kingdom of Kargas was this type of two-sided country. Just like how long shadows stretched out behind the radiant light, the subtle desires of people gathered in the back alleys of the bustling city.

The climate of the large border city of Sipoto, where a large quantity of people moved through, was no exception. No, in fact, the night prospered in proportion to the number of outsiders. Those who didn’t set up signs during the day would start shouting throughout the city as soon as the sun went down.

Then there were those who gave seductive smiles and suggestive gestures to those passing by.

“The handsome fellow over there! It is a chance to get with a hot babe from the south for only 1 gold!”

“Hey, why are you picking up gum like that? Our store is full of beautiful girls from the north! The best service!”

There were those who aimed for the gap between that.

“A gorgeous half-elf beauty is waiting for tonight’s master! Only the first four will be accepted! One time is five gold!”

“Hey! What a shameful human!”

“Isn’t it five gold for an hour, instead of the whole night? Stop talking nonsense!”

Of course, sometimes there was a bit of fuss. However, the residents of Sipoto smiled instead of frowning, evidence that such an uproar wasn’t anything new. It wasn’t uncommon for drunks to hit a brick in the backstreets or for pickpockets to move among the crowds. In other words, this was the chaos of a main street.

However, the atmosphere of the night market was a little bit different tonight.

Ching! Ching! Ching!

Several heavily armed knights marched through the crowd with loud noises. An old man in an unusual outfit followed them leisurely. The knights, who had considerable skills, were escorting him. Then as the entire area fell silent, it was like a lord was making an appearance.

However, it wasn’t just that.

“Make way! Agent of the Orcus Company is coming through!”

There was a horse-pulled carriage moving through the road, creating a path through the citizens roughly with loud yells.

On one side of the lavish carriage, there was a flag of a hawk which symbolized the Orcus Company. This was considered one of the top three companies in the central continent! It was also said that the power of money the company could use was equivalent to that of royalty. Even the guards didn’t dare restrain them, so the authority they had was obvious.

Additionally, a number of other bigwigs had appeared all over the city. A wealthy person exiled from the Austen Kingdom, a mercenary leader who led A rank mercenaries, nobles visiting from neighbouring countries… They were all well known figures in their field.

These people were those who came a long way to participate in the underground auctions, the hidden specialty of Kargas.

“What a spectacle.” However, Theodore ridiculed them with a cold face. “Driving a carriage in the middle of the city… The agent of a business company shouldn’t be acting so stupidly.”