Chapter 118

Book Eating Magician #1

The signing of the friendship treaty with the neutral country of the north, Elvenheim, was probably one of the most important undertakings in the past few hundred years.

The Andras Empire as well as other countries of the central continent had dispatched their intelligence sources. So, there was no doubt that the responsibility on the dispatched delegation was enormous. If the talks were ruined due to someone, the responsibility wouldn’t end with just them. It would spread to their family and relatives as well.

However, despite their concerns, the delegation returned home with better results than expected. They had achieved the signing of a historic treaty!

The court officials gathered just one hour after being given the news. Later historians might say this was exaggerated, but if they knew that even the most isolated nobles rushed out of their homes, they would shut their mouths.

“It seems like everyone is gathered. White Tower Master, report,” the king of Meltor, Kurt III, ordered.

However, Kurt was also a bit different from usual. He was full of dignity as always, but there was a slight anticipation as he waited for the White Tower Master’s words. It meant that he was filled with expectations.

Orta’s mouth opened amidst the heavy silence, and his words unexpectedly provoked a storm.

–A triple increase in the number of trade items.

–Significant increase in the number of mass production type artifacts to be exported.

–Obtained the right to cut down a limited number of trees in the Great Forest.

–Promised a regular exchange of delegates.

None of those conditions were light. For some, they were heavier than gold, so the nobles and magicians couldn’t help stirring. They might have jumped up and rushed over to the White Tower Master if the king hadn’t been watching. Just one of those conditions was enough to double or triple their income! Most of the things Orta mentioned were like that.

Finally, once details of the military aid and support forces were mentioned, Kurt III rose from his throne and shouted, “Wonderful!”

Kurt III was a ruler who avoided any formalities or showing off. Had he ever praised someone like this?

At the very least, the people here had never heard him do so. It was the first time they had seen the king smiling with such a joyful expression. He looked around the delegation before stopping at one point.

A familiar young man was standing there.

‘My eyes are truly good.’

The young man was wearing a red robe, and there was still a slightly tired expression on his face. He was Theodore Miller, the one who had been at the center of the recent big event. According to the secret report by the White Tower Master, Theodore’s performance had been essential.

It was a higher merit than even Orta, who cut off the arm of a sword master, had achieved. If so, Kurt III needed to acknowledge him. “Theodore Miller.”

“Yes, Your Majesty!”

“I have heard that your merits are also great this time. You used the national treasure and elevated the name of the Meltor Kingdom.”

“I am undeserving of those words.”

As Kurt III admired the young man bowing calmly, he revealed the reward. “The achievements you have accomplished are enough to elevate you to the rank of Prime. As of this time, I will declare Theodore Miller a provisional Prime. Any extra procedures will be skipped, and he will be upgraded to Prime the moment he reaches the 6th Circle. Are there any objections?”