Chapter 156

One Year Later #2

Of course, it wasn’t that Theodore hadn’t done anything this year. He’d written down pieces of wisdom, and the amount of information he’d received from Gluttony’s ‘question and answer’ was really huge. Additionally, he’d gained a lot of knowledge about inefficient magic and Dragon Words.

However, this wasn’t much help in breaking through the wall of the 7th Circle, the master wall.

At the time, Gluttony had given this advice, –User might’ve already realized this, but ‘master’ isn’t an area that can be reached by steadily climbing stairs. You must redefine your world views and destroy your own limitations.

A magician who lived a long time ago said this: If the process of advancing from the 1st to 4th Circle was like climbing a staircase, then the journey from the 4th to 6th Circle was like climbing a sheer cliff.

In that case, what did the wall of the 7th Circle and the master level look like? Theodore still remembered the explanation. It was from a book placed in an unpopular corner of the library.

It was common sense that no matter how far away a destination was, one could eventually get there by walking or running. If a person kept climbing up a mountain, they would eventually reach the peak surrounded by clouds.

However, it was meaningless for a magician to use hard work to reach the master level. A master could fly without wings and breathe underwater without gills. They were transcendent beings who could do impossible things.

An ‘official’ way to reach such an area didn’t exist. Theodore was looking back through his memories when he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Theodore, are you inside?”

“…You already know, so just come in.”

Wasn’t Randolph a master swordsman with a perceptual ability which stretched out over kilometers?

As soon as Theodore’s permission was given, Randolph opened the door and shrugged. “I thought you might be doing something important. Don’t magicians hate people entering their space without notice?”

“It isn’t just magicians who hate it, though…? Anyway, what is it? I thought you would be training in the backyard at this time.”

“Ah, someone came looking for you.”

Theodore recalled sensing someone approach his wards. There weren’t any hostile emotions, so he had forgotten about it… Randolph must’ve helped them directly. As Theo looked over with questioning eyes, Randolph took out a letter covered with ornate decorations.

“He asked me to deliver a letter to the owner.”

“…Marquis Piris,” Theodore murmured as he looked at the seal on the envelope. He was in a strange relationship with the ruler of this territory, Marquis Piris. They were neighbors who didn’t have a close relationship with each other.

‘In addition, my identity hasn’t been revealed.’

Marquis Piris didn’t know the identities and histories of Theodore and Randolph. The reason for this strange relationship was that Theodore had bought the mansion at a high price.

After seeing them spend 1,000 gold without hesitation, the marquis couldn’t deal with the two people without caution. A hidden noble from another country might bring disadvantages to the whole Soldun Kingdom.

Theodore had easily provided the 1,000 gold. It was something which wouldn’t have been possible without the pouch Aquilo had given him.

“I didn’t think he would come this year…”