Chapter 85

Empire Mission #2

The Andras Empire…

The so-called sword empire, famous for its power, had existed for centuries as an enemy of Meltor.

The two nations which occupied different parts of the northern region of the continent were similar in many ways due to their long rivalry. However, the core power promoted in the Andras Empire was aura. Just like how the Meltor Kingdom was dedicated to fostering senior magicians, the Andras Empire nourished aura users.

The Andras Empire was said to be a kingdom of sword kings.

Additionally, boys and girls were required to undergo mandatory rigorous training at an agency operated directly by the Imperial Household Agency when they reached the age of seven. Two thirds of the students died, but the empire was able to form a corps of powerful aura users, more numerous than any other country.

“The biggest problem regarding the Andras Empire is that something so crazy produced results. A country that has seven sword masters in one generation can’t be found anywhere else except the Empire.”

The result was the existence of the Seven Swords who represented the Andras Empire.

It was why the Andras Empire didn’t lose to the Meltor Kingdom, who had two 8th Circle magicians and a number of senior mages. Aura users who achieved the state of a sword master were already close to a living storm.

The most well-known sword master was said to have not stepped back in a battle with Veronica.

Theodore carefully listened to Vince’s words and asked, “…Then why is the empire sending a delegation? They seem like people who will speak with swords rather than words.”

The Meltor Kingdom had already been struggling against the empire for hundreds of years. The education system had been designed a long time ago to emphasize the bad aspects of enemy countries and inspire hostility towards them. However, despite that education, Vince Haidel didn’t deny the stereotypes. It was because the military power of the Andras people whom he’d encountered on the battlefield wasn’t actually lacking in comparison to the portrayals in the stories.

At the very least, they preferred getting into sword fights rather than arguments.

“Umm, that may be the case for those not involved with politics. Countries that rely on force can’t last for long. The Andras Empire is scary because they know how to use force differently.”

“Using it differently…”

“The mission this time is to talk about the armistice which was signed in the last war. Of course, you are one of the reasons.”

“Huh? Me?” Theodore was surprised by the sudden change in topic.

However, Vince answered the question casually, “They are wondering about your relationship with the high elf and Elvenheim. They also doubt the authenticity of the hero who appeared half a year ago. The ambassadors will probably start the bargaining in earnest after seeing your value.”

“Hah, international relations are fairly complex.”

“It means that you are a key figure. The status of a high elf is larger than I’d thought.”

In Elvenheim, a country where half the elves on the continent lived, there were only five high elves. The recently added Ellenoa increased it to six, but that didn’t change the fact that they were extremely rare.

Therefore, they had a huge debt to Theodore Miller who had defended the sixth high elf. Due to this, they might change their position of neutrality which they had maintained for hundreds of years.