Chapter 88

Sword And Magic Confrontation #2

‘Battle Song. Sonata of Speed. Allegretto.’

As the duel progressed, Gluttony’s mouth was chanting the spells under the glove which covered Theo’s left hand.

Theo had triggered Sonata of Speed as soon as the duel began, allowing him to respond to Rebecca’s preemptive strike. Compared to Randolph’s swords, she was lacking power, and compared to Superbia, she lacked speed.

Before Rebecca could move again, Theo cast his magic hurriedly, “Chain Lightning!”

A net of lightning instantly covered dozens of meters. Regardless of one’s speed, there was no way to escape from the chain of lightning. Just the power of one stream of lightning was enough to fry a person. If Rebecca hadn’t raised her aura reflexively, then the match might’ve been decided here.

Pajijik! Paijijik!

“Kuk…!”

However, receiving damage was inevitable. The lightning penetrated the gaps in Rebecca’s armour and struck against her aura, causing smoke to rise from her armour. It was pure destructive power, one of the reasons why aura users found it hard to compete with magicians.

Therefore, knights always tried to avoid a magician’s attacks or went for preventative measures. They had to stop Chain Lightning and other magic before they were activated. Thanks to this, Rebecca was one step slower.

“Lightning Spear.”

A brutal attack came from Theo just as she managed to escape from the lightning. Lightning Spear focused on one point, so it could cause deadly damage to a body protected by aura. Theo called five lightning bolts in mere seconds and aimed for Rebecca’s abdomen. Simultaneously, the five streams of lightning struck horizontally.

It was possible to respond to one lightning bolt. Three would be difficult even if she was fully prepared. By the time it reached five bolts, even elite knights couldn’t avoid a serious injury. This was impossible to defend, and trying to avoid it would also be meaningless.

Therefore, Rebecca boldly grasped her double swords and struck the lightning bolts head on. “Hap!”

Blue aura leaked from the blades, and the two swords broke through the lightning bolts. The remnants of the lightning, which weren’t completely eliminated, struck her fingers, but she never let go of her swords. No, her hands actually held on tighter.

There were three more Lightning Spears. Even if she took care of two more, there would still be one remaining.

Rebecca gritted her teeth with a determined expression.

Kiiing-!

The moment that her two swords struck two lightning bolts, the remaining one hit her abdomen.

Peeeeeong!

It was awful. Rebecca swallowed the blood which had risen into her mouth and put strength into her legs. Her concentrated aura defense had burst, and the impact was transmitted inside her. Fortunately, there was little impact on her combat strength.

As she returned to herself, Rebecca pointed the tips of her swords toward Theodore.

Theodore couldn’t help admiring her fierce fighting spirit. ‘She is fairly familiar with pain. Additionally, her body is hard enough to block a Lightning Spear. I don’t think she can be defeated by an ordinary blow.’

In fact, he had restricted his own abilities to a certain extent in this duel. It was too dangerous to show the power of Umbra, a national treasure, to another country’s delegation, let alone the empire’s Seven Swords. He had various hidden cards, so he decided not to use any skills related to Umbra.