Chapter 107

Towards The Storm #1

The meeting started with a shocking declaration, and the story that followed was profound in many ways. As questions were asked, the outline of the plan was gradually formed. There were many problems which Theodore wouldn’t have been able to solve if he had been thinking by himself.

After the discussion which seemed both long and short, only two high elves were left in the meeting room.

Lumia picked up the teapot and asked, “Ellenoa, do you want a drink?”

“Ah, of course.”

Steaming hot tea was poured out into Ellenoa’s cup. The tea stopped two-thirds of the way, and Ellenoa held the handle of the cup carefully.

Lumia and Ellenoa were both high elves. However, Ellenoa was a young one who had only just experienced her coming of age ceremony, while Lumia was old. So, it was natural for Ellenoa to be a bit uncomfortable. As Lumia and the other high elves knew this, they expressed consideration for her.

Lumia drank from her teacup before joking in a playful voice, “By the way, isn’t he a great gentleman? That Theodore.”

“Cough!”

As soon as Lumia mentioned his name, Ellenoa put down her cup while coughing loudly. To think that it wasn’t Alisa but Lumia pulling up this topic. It was so surprising that Ellenoa forgot to manage her expression, and she turned her head with a sense of betrayal, revealing her flushed face.

However, the high elf didn’t stop there. “Ahh, I think it is a little sad. You’ve been here for half a year already, but you still think of him more than us. Wouldn’t Naia be crying right now?”

“No, t-that…”

“What, am I misunderstanding? There was also a time when I burned with passion, so I will cheer for you!”

“Thank you—no, this isn’t it!” In the end, Ellenoa shook her head with a grouchy expression.

As a high elf experiencing such intense and strange emotions for the first time, Ellenoa found it difficult to maintain her composure when faced with this type of hardship, especially in comparison to the old Lumia who had experienced it before. Lumia, who knew this fact, smiled inwardly as she recalled the young man who had been at the center of the table a while ago. The young man, who displayed his youth and skills, was undoubtedly attractive.

‘It is rare for a human to ignite such passion in us, but… he is definitely different.’

At 20 years old, Theo had barely stepped into adulthood, but he was already expressing his opinions to wise people many times older than him. He even had the ability to cause the wise Naia to admire him. It was clear that Theo had a heroic nature which would get his name inscribed into the history books.

If Lumia were a hundred years younger, the fire might be burning inside her as well.

“…Oh my, I really had that thought.”

“Huh?”

“It is nothing. I forgot my age for a moment.”

Before the confused Ellenoa, Lumia lifted up the teapot again. If Ellenoa could see Lumia’s inner thoughts, Lumia would have to be vigilant. However, the girl beside her was very distracted. Lumia had already finished becoming a beautiful woman, so she would be considered a tough rival for Ellenoa.

That said, fortunately, there was no cold wind coming from Ellenoa in this meeting room. After taking a few sips of tea, Lumia spoke words which pierced through Ellenoa’s heart, “Do you want to go fight with him?”