Chapter 29

Mana-vil Capital #4

Theo had used Ignite to distract Philip and Grease to make him fall, then Theo ended it with Wind Cutter. The combination of 1st and 2nd Circle magic had created such a result, with no spells from the 3rd Circle.

If this had been a battlefield instead of a competition, Philip’s head would already be rolling around on the ground. In fact, Philip touched his neck a few times to reassure himself.

Then he got up and spat out angrily, “Y-You bastard! Don’t you know how shameless it is to use such coarse magic, you hillbilly!”

“What?”

As soon as Philip stood up, Theo fired the magic he’d gathered in his hand.

Pajijik!

It was an arrow with blue discharge around it―the 2nd Circle magic, Lightning Bolt.

The speed, derived from the characteristics of the lightning attribute, greatly enhanced the effectiveness of the 2nd Circle magic. By the time the opponent saw the lightning spell with their eyes, it was already too late.

However, Philip wasn’t that incompetent.

“Don’t expect to surprise me twice!”

Even if he’d been born in a good family and had rich support, he still had to rely on his own talents and efforts. Compared to Theo, his head wasn’t as good, but his sensitivity was several times better. Philip witnessed the discharge of Lightning Bolt and reflexively prepared the magic formula for Shield.

The moment that he was about to shout out the magic with a confident face…

Puk!

“Shie…ld―aack?”

The ground suddenly rose and swallowed Philip’s right foot. The magic formula he had been preparing shattered just before it was completed, and the lightning struck Philip’s face as his magic power dispersed.

He grabbed his tattered face as he fell, before rolling around. It was truly a sight to behold.

Pakang!

Once again, the crystal which absorbed the damage was shattered. Now, Philip only had one crystal remaining. If one more was broken, Philip’s defeat would be confirmed, and all the tokens he possessed would go to Theodore.

Theodore looked up as victory appeared before him in an instant.

‘So much silliness… No, is this type of guy common?’ He started thinking about it.

Where would people who studied at academies or with a private tutor experience true fights? They might be praised during a relaxed spar or at best, experience being attacked while surrounded by guards. The true meaning of a ‘fight’ had never once been felt by them.

After absorbing Alfred’s experience and the fight with the hobgoblin, Philip was like a child compared to the tempered Theodore.

However, Philip’s thoughts were different. “Kuaack! Damn hillbilly! Don’t you have the desire to fight fairly as a magician? It is insulting to use 1st and 2nd Circle magic in an honourable duel!”

“You, are you stupid? Why does the circle matter, as long as it is magic?”

Vince, who was sitting in the stands, nodded in agreement with Theo’s disbelieving feelings.

It was rarely the case that big magic was used in a battle against a large army. Whether it was from Hellfire or Fireball, they still died. The spotlight of small-scale magical battles was dealing a blow to the neck with a small magic spell.