Chapter 160

Delicacy From The East #1

The so-called shamanism was an eastern magic which could be called a subspecies and variant of the magic that had developed independently on the continent. Unlike the publicly known magicians, shamans rarely showed their appearance and were called the shadows of the civilized world.

For that reason, it had a mysterious image. However, Theodore knew of its essence.

‘It is only an average ability.’

The data was scarce compared to other systems, but there were countless records in Meltor of magicians who studied shamanism.

Someone had said, ‘It isn’t magic or aura.’

Someone else had said, ‘It is neither one nor the other.’

Someone else had also said, ‘It’s a mutation of primitive magic.’

Theodore Miller, a magician of later generations, shared those assessments.

“Young Master Baek, I heard that shamans build magic in the three dantians, rather than the heart like magicians. Is that right?”

“Yes, it is called the three-way loop.”

Theodore groaned at the cool answer. ‘Urgh, only the name sounds good…’

He knew the basic theories of shamanism, but what he heard from Baek Dongil was more shocking than that.

Shamanism was different from the western magic which had perfected the system of circles a long time ago. The three-way loop was nothing more than a modification of the aura method, which was the foundation of the eastern continent.

In other words, they had been putting together the wrong puzzle pieces from the very beginning. It was obvious that the efficiency of magic was bad when the training method was meant for aura users. As a comparison, it was like using a sword instead of a shovel to dig up the earth.

Additionally, the shamans acted independently in the shadows without appearing in society, so there was no one who could find out and share their error. They never knew they were going in the wrong direction.

Theodore had a sudden thought and asked Baek Jongmyung, “Master Baek, how are shamans received in the east? Not in the eyes of ordinary people, but from the viewpoint of warriors.”

Baek Jongmyung frowned while a thick cloud of darkness appeared on Baek Dongil’s face. Theo could guess just by looking at their expressions. Unsurprisingly, Baek Jongmyung coughed and shook his head. “Uhh, I can’t say that they are very good.”

“As I expected.”

In retrospect, it was a question which Theo didn’t even need to ask. Magic was something which explored the truth of the natural world, not something which people trained within themselves. However, shamans practiced magic in the form of martial arts. The possibilities of humans who could live for 100 years was finite, so it was inefficient to chase after both.

It was no wonder that in the east, the position of those with magic was falling.

“Excuse me, I can’t help but ask.”

Rather, Theodore couldn’t understand why Baek Dongil learned shamanism when he was the descendant of a famous warrior family.

He had to wonder about the desperate
situation which would cause Baek Dongil to ask to learn from a foreigner he didn’t even have a proper relationship with. Moreover, why did Theodore see his past self in Baek Dongil?

After seeing Theo’s questioning, Baek Dongil raised his gaze with a determined expression. Then he revealed the wound that he had suffered for decades. “Sir, I can’t learn aura with this body.”