The Next Book in The Series: Buried Desires Chapter 1.

Start from the beginning

"Oh honey," she said after calming down. "There is someone out there for you. You're just not looking in the right places, that's all."

I snorted, "tell me then, where are the right places, Lissa?"

"Well, not here in Alabama, and damn sure isn't at The South Pole. Listen, I was hoping to run something by you. Can you meet me for dinner on my break tomorrow?" She asked.

"Sure, is everything ok?" I asked, stepping into my bathroom to draw myself a hot and much-needed bath.

"Yeah. I'll explain everything at dinner tomorrow night." 

Pouring in a good portion of lavender-scented bubbles I replied, "Ok." 

"Well, I need to go. I promised my brother I would help him move his things. Christ, I can't believe he got kicked out again." She grumbled.

"What in the hell did he do this time?"

Her brother, Derek fights a lot with his fiancé and gets kicked out at least once a month. He always calls Melissa knowing she won't refuse him help.

"Oh girl, he's fucked it all up for himself this time. It's really over." She sighed.

"Seriously? What did he do?"

"The dumb ass cheated on her with her sister," she answered.

"Wow," I say shocked.

"Yeah, I know," she groaned into the receiver. "When is he ever going to grow up?"

"If you keep bailing him out, never," I replied.

"I know," she sighed heavily.

"Well, be sure to call me tomorrow," I mumbled. "See you at dinner."

After I said goodnight to her, I placed my phone on the bathroom counter and undressed. Sticking my feet into the hot foamy water, I was unable to hold back the soft moan that fell from my lips. The feeling of the heated water against my body was nothing short of pure bliss.

After completely submerging myself, I laid my head against the rim of the tub and placed a gel mask over my eyes. While I lay in complete silence, my thoughts immediately went right back to him. The gorgeous six-foot, dark brown-haired muscular man.

Smiling, I began to replay our first encounter...

***

Pushing my glasses back onto my nose, I pecked vigorously against the keyboard while typing out my essay, which wasn't due for another couple of more days.

I cursed to myself as I heard a couple just two computers down from me snickering, wishing I had allowed my parents to buy me that laptop after all.

Now, it looks like I'll be stuck typing out assignments in the school's library all year until I could afford to buy one.

My eyes throbbed from looking at the computer screen all day, but I needed to ace this essay, so I didn't hurt my grade point average. I couldn't lose my scholarship. No scholarship meant no school which meant no future.

I suddenly felt someone tapping my shoulder, causing me to jump. Surprised, I glanced over my shoulder and immediately froze.

Standing behind me was a gorgeous guy who was staring down at me. Holy shit...

I felt an intense heat soaring to my cheeks watching in shock as his lips turned into a cocky smirk.

I shook my head, noticing I was now gawking at him, and quickly cleared my throat.

"Um, can I help you?" I squeaked out and instantly kicked myself mentally for sounding so damn nervous.

"Hi." He stuck his hand out. "My name is Brad."

When I ignored his hand, he quickly slipped it into his pocket and smiled. "I was wondering if I could use this computer. I hate to ask but I have a paper that's due in," he glanced up towards the library clock behind me, "thirty minutes and I haven't been able to finish it yet. Unfortunately, my laptop was stolen two days ago, and I figured I could use the library's but as you can see," he gestured towards the row of occupied computers, "there aren't any available."

I nodded, "oh, well my paper isn't due for another couple of days, so sure. Take this one." I began to gather up my notebooks, quickly tossing them into my bookbag.

While staring at me, he asked, "What's your name?"

"Sophia," I said sheepishly, a million butterflies fluttering like crazy in my stomach unable to keep my eyes off his drop-dead gorgeous smile.

Oh Christ, Sophia! Abort this crazy interaction before you say something stupid.

"Sophia, hmm," he hummed, testing my name aloud. "I like it. So, Sophia, you should come and hang out with me at the Delta Omega's fraternity house tonight. We're having a small party," he said while I zipped up my bag.

"Oh, um, I don't know." I hesitated. "Partying isn't really my thing."

Dear God. Partying isn't my thing? Really Sophia?

His gorgeous smile faltered. "Oh, uh, well ok then. If you end up changing your mind, or if you just want to hang out sometime, give me a call." He winked playfully, grabbing my pen from out of my bun.

Looking down, I watched with heated cheeks as he wrote his number in the palm of my hand. My heart just about burst out of my damn chest at the smallest touch from him. How is he doing this to me?

He smirked as he slid the pen back into my bun. I quickly tossed the strap to my backpack over my shoulder, ready to get the hell out of there so I could dig myself a hole to bury myself in.

"Ok," I nervously replied.

"See you around, Sophia." He husked out. His deep voice and sexy smile caused me to giggle nervously.

I turned and walked away, completely flustered.

***

God. I couldn't help it, I missed talking to him. Even though our relationship had never been sexual, he was always there for me and was a good friend back then.

I snorted, "and he had fucking manners, " I mumbled before sinking further into the warm water.

___________________

?Questions?

-Feelings about Sophia

-Feelings about Brad?

-Feelings about Melissa?

-Any thoughts or theories?