To You I Am Bound.

(Edited)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

"We're here sweetheart, time to get up."

I slowly opened my eyes to the sound of my husband's voice and felt his hands gently shake my shoulder, urging me to get up. With a yawn I rubbed my eyes and looked around the first class cabin of Valentino's private jet. We left home a few hours after the reception and boarded the plane to leave for our honeymoon.

I didn't know where Valentino was taking me for our honeymoon, he said it was a surprise. Despite my despondent mood due to the the misfortune that occured at the reception, I couldn't help but feel a small amount of adoration for Valentino's desire to cheer me up with his surprise destination.

Since I woke up super early this morning I ended up falling asleep in the middle of the flight, not waking up until now. My eyes were hazy with sleep and my mouth felt dry as I made my way to the restroom to freshen up before we left for...wherever Valentino had a mansion in this unknown country.

I quickly did my business, washed my hands and dried them on a fluffy hand towel. I checked my reflection in the gold rimmed mirror and was relieved to see my hair and makeup remained untouched after my nap. I ran a hand down the front of the silky white maxi dress I donned before leaving to smooth the wrinkles.

I left the bathroom and went back to my seat where Valentino was getting ready to leave. With my purse in hand I allowed him to escort me off the plane. We passed the flight attendants and they bowed their heads out of respect for us—Mr and Mrs Guerrero. I felt proud of my new title.

I was met with darkening skies and a glimpse of the setting sun when we stepped onto the runway. A sleek grey Audi R8 V10 Spyder greeted my eyes and I gasped in delight, the beauty of the car hypnotizing me.

"Do you like it sweetheart?" Valentino asked amusedly.
"There are no words," I breathed out as I ran my fingers over the bumper. "Is this the car we'll be using on our honeymoon?"
"One of the five yes," he said as he opened the backdoor for me.

"Buonasera Signor e Signora Guerrero," the driver, a middle aged man with dark brown hair and hazel eyes greeted us.
(Good evening Mr and Mrs Guerrero)
"Buonasera Sawyer. Portaci alla villa, per favore," Valentino said.
(Good evening Sawyer. Take us to the mansion, please)

"You're not gonna be speaking Italian for the whole honeymoon are you?" I asked teasingly.
"Why do you ask? Don't you like it when I speak Italian?" he asked raising his eyebrows questioningly.
"I love it when you speak Italian, it's so... exotic."

He chuckled and wrapped an arm around me and I leaned into him, feeling goosebumps raise on my arm from his touch.
"Wanna take a wild guess where we are?"
"Mmm don't know. Hawaii?" I yawned.
"No, try again. It's somewhere you always wanted to go for a vacation. Somewhere where the people speak Spanish."

I thought for a few seconds, listing in my head in my head, all the Spanish speaking countries I knew of. Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, my home country Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Puerto Rico and... Mexico.

"Look out the window and tell me what you see," he instructed. I looked out the tinted window and saw a tall, majestic looking building, reaching two hundred and twenty feet in the air. I remember seeing that building on the internet once and tried to remember which country it was located.

"That's the Metropolitan Cathedral," Valentino told me.
"The Metropolitan Cathedral? That's in Mexico!" I exclaimed happily. "You took me to Mexico for our honeymoon?"
"Surprise baby," he whispered as he kissed me on my cheek.
"Oh my gosh I can't believe this! I always wanted to go to Mexico," I laughed. "Thank you, so much."
"You're my wife Jasmine, this is just the beginning of all the things I want to give you."
"And I'll enjoy every second I spend with you."