Halfway There.

(Edited)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

It's been a week since that evening in Bridge Street. We went back home and the man named Dan— who I learnt was Bob's brother— had important information which could prove useful for us. It took two hours of torture for Valentino and the guys to extract it.

Apparently Bob was sent to the warehouse the same day we went to collect the weapons from Shawn, to try and eliminate Sadie, Dean, Riley and I. Dan and his companion wouldn't give the identity of the person who hired Bob to do the job. After Valentino decided they were no longer of use, he shot them and Theodore disposed of the bodies.

After that incident things went back to normal. Valentino and Damen held meetings with Carson, Xavier and Theodore to talk strategy, make plans and take care of whatever Mafia business they had. I spent the majority of my time studying.

Today was the last day of midterms until my final exams in June. We had Calculus. Yayyy. They saved the worst for last. Once given permission, we began. I memorized my notes and was totally prepared for the exam.

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

"I appreciate you and Nancy coming down here Anthony. If Kazimir and Ivan are to be completely eradicated, your assistance is needed," I said. "I must ask you to forgive me Anthony. I didn't want it to come down to this. I know how you feel about family."

"You don't have to say it Valentino. I don't want to go against my brother-in-law, but he's left me with no choice. Kazimir is a demon in a man's body, he is married to my niece, it's a pity Ivan can't see him for who he really is," Anthony said wearily.

I nodded and offered him a cigarette which he accepted.
"Father I think we should lay low while we're here for now, if Uncle Ivan finds out you're alligned with the Guerreros things will get messy. He'll force Aunt Rebecca to sever ties with us, seeing as you're her brother," Xavier voiced his opinion.

"You're right son, I also fear for Rebecca, she doesn't deserve Ivan as a husband. He is a vile man who cares for no one," Nancy said disdainfully. "I wants nothing to do with him. Nothing!"

"Now that we have the Hong Kong Triad and the Portuguese Mafia on our side. I feel a lot better," Sabrina said leaning her head on Damen's shoulder.

"Yes. And if worse comes to worst you'll have us on your side," Carson said confidently.

"When will we land the first strike?" Theodore inquired.
"First thing we need to do is target their main sources of income," I replied. "Then we'll start picking them off one by one, starting from the low-level associates then slowly moving up."

"When was the last time you heard from Ivan? Does he even call you and Nancy?" Sabrina asked.
"Rebecca does sometimes. Andriana and Ivan disapprove of her calling us so she does it on the sly," Anthony sighed.

"Andriana changed so much. Before she was so kind, loving and compassionate. Being married to Kazimir has ruined her. Every time she speaks to us there's this tinge of hate, disdain. Ivan has poisoned her mind up to the point where it doesn't even belong to her anymore," Nancy said in despair.

"Não desanime, mãe. Você não deve ser culpado pelo comportamento de Andriana. Não chore por causa dessas coisas," Xavier said soothingly rubbing his mother's back.
(Don't be disheartened Mom. You're not to be blamed for Andriana's behavior. Don't cry over such things)

"Where is my little niece?" Anthony asked changing the subject.
"She's in school as of now, she has midterms," Sabrina said.
"I could scarcely believe Xavier when he said Jasmine was attending St Francis College. On a scholarship," he chuckled.