Sticks And Stones.

(Edited)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

The days that passed were very pleasant as we planned for the wedding, Sadie, Riley and Annalise— who we all agreed would be my bridesmaids— were very efficient. They did all the preparations and everything was managed in an orderly fashion.

I was sitting in my room, deep in thought. A month and some weeks ago I was a normal teenage girl, attending college, working in a clothing store and madly in love with my boyfriend. Now I was a member of the Italian Mafia, getting married to its leader in a weeks' time.

Thankfully all the major preparations for the wedding were done.
We booked a reservation at the Villa Barone Manor, where the reception will be held, we got the church cleared out for the first Sunday in May. The family priest Elliot will be the one marrying Valentino and I. The ceremony will start at noon and the reception at two. Valentino and I will leave for our honeymoon at four.

"Earth to Jasmine, anyone resides in that Spanish head of yours?"

I was just thinking about it when Sadie snapped her fingers in my face, temporarily bringing a halt to my daydreaming.

"Yes Sadie? Is there something wrong?" I asked distractedly.
"Are you ready yet? We're leaving in an hour," she said as she perched her sunglasses elegantly on her head. "First we'll be going to East River Plaza for an exclusive shopping spree, then we're going to Luxe Den Spa & Salon!"

It was Saturday, exactly seven days until the wedding. I insisted I did not want a bachelorette party, so instead, Sadie and Riley organized a girls' day out. Their cousins and girlfriends from high school with whom they all grew up with were also invited.

I felt bad about not inviting Morgan, she was a very good friend of mine and she didn't even know I was getting married or in the Mafia. I suppose it was for the best. I didn't want to drag her in any of this. The bloodshed, the drugs, the killing and corruption.

"Our cousins are here, they're downstairs waiting to meet you. Come on let's go," Riley said excitedly as she peeped her head into my room. "And by the way that outfit looks gorgeous!"

I smiled and inspected myself in the mirror one more time.

The pink spaghetti strapped skirt dress paired well with the silver heels and matching silver jewelry. My straightened hair fell down my back and my makeup was minimal. I wanted to dress to impress, but at the same time, not go over the top.

This was the first time I was meeting other women from Valentino's family, I only met Riley, Annalise and Nadia— who by the way was coming along with us. She left Alec home so Dario can look after him as well as Ryan and Rachel. Once I was ready, the three of us went downstairs where everyone else was waiting.

"Weed, check, booze, check, drugs... double check! Alright boys let's go!" Theodore cheered as he raised his glass and clinked it with Damen, Xavier, Dario, Dean,Felix and Bryce. I shook my head at Theodore's clownish behavior. He was always so fun to hang around; the reckless ones were always the fun ones.

Sitting on the other couch were the twins, Daryl and Evan. They were from Chantelle's side of the family and were very friendly with the guys. Next was Eddie, Chris and Maxwell Morison, brothers of nineteen, twenty one and twenty nine. All three men were Valentino and Damen's first cousins. As it turns out, all five of them hated Chantelle for what she did to Valentino's father and to make up for it, they were really nice and cooperative with the Guerreros, loyal and fiercely protective. Especially of the women.

"Hello, there's the future wife of our big, bad wolf! Jassy, hiii!" Dean said as he walked towards me and draped an arm around my shoulders.
"Dean's drunk already? Man, what a lightweight," I scoffed good naturally.
"As if you can drink this much tequila and stay sober," he snorted.