Stalling, Stalling, Stalling.

(2nd Edit)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

We came back to the mansion in record time and I was entirely grateful there was no traffic on our way back. When Riley pulled up to the front door, Valentino came out with Enzo, Felix and Damen.

"You guys are back early, no traffic huh?" Felix asked cheerfully.
"Not really, the road was surprisingly clear. We got the weapons," Dean said coming out of the car with Sabrina behind him.
"How did she do?" Valentino inquired. "Did anything go wrong?"

"Would you believe Bob came and engaged us in a shootout? The bastard demanded we hand over the weapons or he'll give us extra assholes," Sabrina said disgustedly.
"Are you kidding me? Damn. How I wished I was there, I would've screwed that fucker up so bad," Damen said angrily.

"Here's your gun back Dean," I came out of the car and handed Dean the pistol I had in my pocket.
"Keep it, you'll be needing it for practicing with Valentino," he told me as he went to get the weapons from the trunk.
"So tell me more about Donald Skavinsky. What did he do to you guys in the past that you should hate him so much?"

"For starters he isn't married. He never remarried after he lost his wife to a stroke a year after Jaun was born. His parents died in a shootout with the Asian Mafia fifteen years ago and he has no close relatives," Riley stated.
"He killed several members of our family years ago for sport. His karma is coming back to slap him," Enzo added.

"I know how you feel about killing him Jasmine, but you have no choice. In the Mafia you can't afford to let your emotions cloud your judgement and you can't afford to be blinded by compassion and empathy," Valentino walked up to me and cupped my face in his hands. "You're safe with us—with me. You'll become a member of the family and never have to worry about being hurt. You'll never have to struggle, and in time, you'll learn to embrace who you truly are. Please tesoro, try."

I felt conflicted.

A part of me wanted to leave and never look back. To go back to the life I previously had, despite the imperfections and live it to its fullest. To wake up for college, attend my classes, pass my exams and graduate school. To go to work and dedicate my time to bettering myself.

But another part of me wanted to go to sleep and wake up in my room upstairs. To stay with Valentino, and for people to recognize me as a member of the family. To walk through the mansion as a strong, competent individual, a force to be reckoned with.

That part was considerably larger than the part that wished for me to have my old life back. For what? To be overcome with sadness and longing for the relationship I no longer had a right to? To spend every day yearning for Allan to come running back to me? I'd be lying to myself if I said that was what I truly wanted.

"Everything is here Tino. Leah's weapons are also here, tucked away like a baby," Dean said unloading the boxes with Felix and Damen helping.
"Alright. Felix and Bryce go deliver Leah's merchandise and give her my regards," Valentino instructed.

"Jasmine! Jasmine! Jasmine!"

I turned around when I heard Ryan and Rachel happily shouting my name.
"Will you play with us Jasmine?" Ryan took my left hand and Rachel my right hand and started to tug me eagerly.
"Kids don't bother Jasmine," Annalise scolded as she came out of the mansion with Dario holding her hand.

"It's no bother Annalise," I assured her as I bent down until I was at eye level with the twins. "We'll play any game you kids want. But nothing too wild okay? I don't want you to fall and get hurt."
"Let's play hide and seek, we'll count and you can hide," Rachel said clapping her hands together in excitement.