Engagement Party.

(Edited)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

I wanted to find nothing good about Kazimir. He was a very bad man, he was disrespectful, cruel and sadistic. But as we pulled up to his mansion in Cobble Hill—one of the richest neighborhoods in all of Brooklyn—I must say I was impressed with what I saw.

The mansion was huge with five floors, an expansive balcony, gorgeous gardens with neatly trimmed hedges and about one hundred and fifty million dollars in real estate. Several cars were parked outside and lavishly dressed men and women were walking in and out, followed by heavily armed bodyguards.

Kazimir's Mansion.

In one limousine was Valentino, Damen, Sadie, Mr Guerrero and myself

In one limousine was Valentino, Damen, Sadie, Mr Guerrero and myself. Following us was Riley's BMW where she, Dean, Felix and Bryce were. Flying above us were two helicopters with armed bodyguards. Valentino, Damen and Sadie were armed with knives and guns despite having enough protection.

Valentino climbed out first and put his hand out for me to take. Damen did the same with Sabrina. Mr Guerrero came last and Riley, Dean, Felix and Bryce emerged from the BMW, their assault rifles in hand. I shivered when a brisk wind blew and wished the dress came with a jacket to cover my partially exposed back and chest.

"The boys and I will walk around outside with our earplugs in. If there's an emergency, we'll be here instantly," Riley promised.
"Sounds good. Be careful and don't let your guard down, these fuckers are always watching. They see any sign of weakness and they'll pounce," Valentino cautioned.

Riley nodded and she and the guys began their rounds. Several people saw us and began to whisper amongst themselves as we began walking to the entrance. I clutched Valentino's arm and leaned into him as a group of Russian men started ogling me.

Valentino's arm snaked protectively around my waist and I instantly felt at ease in his comforting hold. Sadie however walked fearlessly beside Damen, looking directly ahead, not wavering eye contact. I admired her confidence. Truly admired it.

A man was standing at the entrance, a glass of champagne in his hand. Standing next to him was a pregnant brunette, whom I assumed to be his wife. The sight made me look downwards at my feet. He looked to be in his mid sixties. She looked to be in her early twenties. He was old enough to be her grandfather.

"Stay with me at all times," Valentino whispered. "If I'm not around, stick to Sabrina or Damen. I don't want you walking anywhere alone, and stay away from the older men. Their minds are full of filth and they enjoy nothing more than a young woman to sink their vile fingers into."

"If someone asks me about us? What do I say?" I questioned.
"Nothing at all. You ignore them," Damen instructed.
"And if they try to engage in conversation with me?"
"You ask them to excuse you and find one of us."