Part 27

What was the one sentence that broke you inside but you still had to pretend unaffected?

Mine? You ask.

"I'll just assume I never had a daughter."
:)

✨✨✨✨✨

You gawked at the couple sitting in front of you as you watched Jimin passing the glass of water to Yoonji.

Jin gave a glass of water to you and you held it before asking. "Why do you know a stealer?" You question. "I'm not a stealer—" Yoonji cuts in. "She's a congenital kleptomaniac." Jimin says, calmly.

{Kleptomania: A disorder which causes people to steal small things that gain their interest. No matter if they can buy it or not. They see it, they like it, they want it, they steal it. }

"Oh… but anyhow! She stole something from my purse." You point out. "No I didn't." Yoonji protests. "You did, return it!" You say again. "I said I did not—" Yoonji starts but Jimin cuts in.

"Yoonji." Jimin calls. "But chim—" Jimin cuts her by placing her palm in front of her, demanding for the thing. Yoonji pouts and slowly places her fist in his hand.

Jimin sighs and gently opens her fist taking the small keychain she was holding onto so dearly. "My keychain!" You chime as Jimin passes it to you.

Yoonji sulks down in her place and you smirk, finally taking sips of water from the glass you've been holding for a while now.

"It's okay baby. I'll buy one for you." Jimin says sweetly while patting Yoonji's head and she barely nods.

You spit out the water, coughing. "Oh my, you okay?" Jin asks, patting your back. You nod at him and look at Jimin.

"Wait, is she your girlfriend - girlfriend or y'all just talking?" You ask in disbelief. Jimin opens his mouth to answer but Yoonji beats him to it.

"B:/ch if I kill you, are you dæd - dæd or you're just not breathing?" She back fired.

"Mine, yeah. We've been together for two years." Jimin said, scratching his neck, sensing the tension. You scoff.

"Enough!" Jin suddenly stands up. "Where's the file Jimin?" He asks and Jimin points at the cupboard. Jin walks to it and looks for a while before pulling out two files of the same hospital.

"Come on." Jin signs before walking out of the room towards the computer room again. Rest follow him.

Jin sits in front of the computer and starts doing his thing.

"Not that I wanna be friends with you—" Yoonji says, leaning closer to you from the side. "- but mind telling what they're doing?" She finishes.

"You called me a b:)ch." You deadpan. "You are— fine you can call me that once and I wouldn't mind." She offers. "Pfft… fine." You say and Yoonji looks at you expectantly.