Chapter 66: Can't Sleep

The rest of the night passed in a sea of laughter and dancing. I had written to MInerva, letting her know I would be staying with the Malfoys that night and she had written back, almost immediately, telling me it was no problem and to be safe. Severus had his own room and they had made up a guest room for me next to his. It was around 2am when I rolled over, not being able to sleep, missing the feeling of Severus next to me as I slept. Missing his hands around my waist, my head resting on his chest, and knowing he was right next door wasn't helping.

I slowly climbed out of bed and made my way toward the door, opening it and slipping into the hall. I walked toward Severus's door and listened for a moment, hearing the sound of his breathing and the blankets shuffling as he tossed and turned. I softly knocked on the door and heard the tossing and turning stop. A few minutes later the door opened and a confused Severus stood in the doorway, his hair ruffled.

"Hey... uhm," I stammered as my eyes trailed down his bare chest to the pair of black sweatpants he was wearing.

"Y/n? Is everything alright?" he asked me, concern lacing his voice as he looked around the hallway. "Get in here." He pulled me into the room, closing the door behind me as he searched my eyes. "Darling, what's wrong?"

"Nothing... it's stupid. I just..."

"Couldn't sleep?" he asked me, his hands moving up my arms. I nodded, not knowing what else to say.

"I couldn't either. Would you... like to sleep in here?" 

I nodded and he pulled me against his chest, holding me for a moment before pulling away and guiding us toward the bed. We climbed into the bed and I laid my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I began falling into a deep sleep and I couldn't be sure if what he said next was part of a dream or happening in real life but the words comforted me nonetheless.

"Someday I want this to be our life... someday I will make you Mrs. Snape for real... and this could be our life."

I felt his weight shift in the bed before a soft pair of lips pressed against the top of my head and I drifted off to sleep, safe in the arms of my best friend... and the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Too bad nothing lasts forever.

Don't Save Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें