Chapter 63: It's Okay to Cry

I could still hear shouts from the reporters, calling my name as several guards began holding them back, allowing me to make my way toward the fireplaces.

"Should we celebrate?" Narcissa asks as we continue walking. "We would love to have you over to the Manor, Y/n... if you'd like?"

I turned toward Minerva and was met with a warm smile. She nodded, pulling me into a hug as we reached the fireplace.

"Be safe, dear." She turned to the Malfoys. "You take good care of her, yeah?"

Narcissa and Lucius nodded, a warm smile on each of their faces as they walked toward a fireplace.

"Lucius and I will go first and then Y/n if you want to come through right after... and then Severus if you'll follow after," Narcissa said as Severus and I nodded. Minerva stepped through the Floo as Lucius stepped through the one next to her, followed quickly by Narcissa. Severus removed his hand from my waist, turning to face me.

"Think of the Manor very clearly and I'll be there right after you," he said as his thumb stroked my cheek. I nodded, pulling away and stepping into the fireplace. I pictured the Manor clearly in my mind as green flames surrounded me and Severus disappeared from my view. The flames disappeared and I arrived at the Manor, Lucius and Narcissa waiting patiently as I stepped from the fireplace. They pulled me into a hug and from behind me a flash of green signaled Severus's arrival. I turned to face him as he stepped from the fireplace. He looked around the room before his eyes locked with mine and a smile spread across his face, a look of relief filling his eyes. He walked toward me, pulling my body against his as his hand cupped my cheek.

"You won, darling. He's going away for life... you're free," he said as his hand rubbed circles into my cheek. Relief washed over me and I could feel tears forming behind my eyes as I fought to keep them down. My jaw clenched as I tried to fight back the tears, though a smile spread across my face as the notion of being free washed over me.

"Don't do that, darling... you don't have to do that... not anymore," Severus said, bringing his lips to my jaw as he pressed gentle kisses along it. "Unclench your jaw... it's okay to cry now, darling. It's all over," he whispered, pulling away to look into my eyes. I could no longer contain the tears and they slipped down my cheeks. My jaw unclenched and the mask I had been forced to wear for the last 9 years broke away.

"It's over," I whispered as Severus wrapped his arms around my body.

"Yes, darling. It's over." His hand rubbed the back of my head and his lips pressed against the top of my head. He pulled away, cupping my face with his hand as he whipped away my fallen tears. Narcissa and Lucius walked toward us, pulling Severus and I into a hug.

"Come, dear. There are some people who want to celebrate with you," Narcissa said as we pulled away from the hug. Lucius placed a hand on Severus's shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile and a small nod.

"They'll love her," he whispered to Severus, just barely loud enough for me to hear. I gave them a curious look before Severus took my hand in his and we made our way upstairs.