Chapter 56: Missed Opportunity

Severus's POV

"What happens if I blow it up?" Y/n asked, her eyes glinting with a hint of mischief.

"Y/n..." Minerva asked, cautiously. Y/n stepped back from me, pulling her wand from her robes and twirling it between her fingers.

"I mean... honestly... What can the Ministry do if I blow it up? They would never know it was me," she reasoned.

"Y/n!" I tried to stop her as she raised her wand but it was no use.

"Expulso!" she screamed, aiming her wand at the house. Blue light shot from her wand as she stood there watching her childhood home become nothing but splinters of wood. I jumped toward her as a piece of wood came flying at her. I pushed her to the ground, falling on top of her as the piece of wood flew just inches away from both of us. She giggled in delight as she turned toward her childhood home, watching as smoke rose in the air and the foundation of the house crumbled.

"Are you insane?" I screamed. She turned toward me as Minerva came running toward both of us. Y/n only giggled as she ran her hand up my arm before resting her hand on my shoulder.

"You're funny when you're angry," she giggled. "Come on, Severus. If you had the option to blow up a place that caused you a lot of pain, you know you would do the same thing I just did."

I sighed as I realized she was right. I nodded before realizing the position we were in, though she didn't seem to mind. I couldn't deny that the feeling of her body under mine felt amazing. My weight holding her beneath me. Her small hand resting on my shoulder. I wanted nothing more than to stay like this. To lean down and press my lips to hers but I knew we weren't alone and I didn't even know if she felt that way. It was one thing to joke about a future with her but she could never truly feel that way about me... and if she knew what I really was she would hate me forever.

Y/n's POV

"Expulso!" I screamed, aiming my wand at my childhood home. Blue light shot from my wand and I watched as my childhood home became nothing but splinters. A piece of wood came flying toward me but I didn't have time to react before I was pushed to the ground with Severus's body lying on top of mine.

"Are you insane?" Severus screamed at me. Normally I would've been afraid if someone screamed at me like that but it was different with him. A small giggle rose in my throat as I turned to look at the house that was no longer there.

"You're funny funny when you're angry," I said as I moved my hand up his arm. "Come on, Severus. If you had the option to blow up a place that caused you a lot of pain, you know you would do the same thing I just did."

He sighed, knowing I was right and didn't argue the subject any further. He nodded and a small tint of red rose to his cheeks as he looked down, realizing the position we were in, though neither of us made any attempt to get up. His weight pressing against me had to be one of the best feelings in the world. From the corner of my eye I noticed Minerva standing next to us, though I pretended not to see her, not wanting to leave. Severus's eyes bored into mine as neither of us made the first move to stand up.

"So... are you going to kiss her or what, Severus?" Minerva asked, startling us both. Severus blushed furiously before quickly moving off of me and helping me stand up.

"Sorry," he said, clearing his throat.

"She's right though, Sev. Perfect opportunity. You... me... you just saved me from getting knocked out by a piece of wood. We were both there. You were literally on top of me. Kind of a missed opportunity, Sev," I said, playfully punching his shoulder. "No worries, though. We'll save it for the wedding," I continued, trying to break the awkward tension that had just formed between us. Severus chuckled and pulled me into a hug.

"Ah, yes. The wedding. How could I forget?" He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, still chuckling to himself as he grabbed my duffel bag and Minerva helped us apparate home.