Chapter 12: Talk to Me

James, Sirius and I had a pretty strained relationship after that night. I hadn't talked to them in weeks... including Peter and Remus. I missed Remus more than anything because he hadn't done anything wrong, but guilt by association... I guess.

Severus and I were sitting in the Great Hall talking to Regulus and Rodolphus when Sirius and James made their way over to the Slytherin table.

"Y/n... can we talk?" Sirius asked. Severus, Regulus, and Rodolphus looked up, glaring daggers at James and remus. Severus and I had told Regulus and Rodolphus about what had happened a few weeks ago and they were out for blood. The three of them barely left me alone. One of them would always walk me to class,or take me back to my common room at night, just before curfew so I wouldn't have to speak to anyone.

"I think you've both done enough... don't you?" Regulus spat, looking at Sirius.

"Regulus... please," Sirius begged, tears in his eyes as he looked at his brother.

"Just go away... please," I begged. Severus looked over at me, placing his hand on top of mine underneath the table.

"Y/n... please. We haven't spoken in weeks. We miss you. Can we please just talk?" James asked as Remus walked up to the table, sensing the tension.

"Look, I said I don't want to talk. Just go away!" I hissed, trying not to raise my voice.

"Y/n..." Remus begged, walking around behind me, placing his hand on my shoulder. I jumped up quickly and Remus immediately backed off. Severus, Regulus, and Rodolphus quickly stood up and surrounded me. Severus pulled me into a hug as Rodolphus stepped in front of us.

"You need to leave, now," Rodolphus hissed.

"I don't take orders from a filthy Slytherin," Sirius spat. He looked up at me. "Y/n, can we please just talk?" I looked away and buried my face in Severus's chest, not wanting to look at Sirius anymore. I couldn't look at any of them. Severus pulled me closer and rested his chin on top of my head.

"Y/n... will you at least talk to me?" Remus asked, quietly. I looked up, slowly pulling away from Severus and nodded, reluctantly.

"Y/n? Are you sure?" Severus asked me, placing a hand on my cheek.

"I'm sure. It's Remus. It will be fine," I smile, reassuringly. Severus releases me and Remus leads the way out of the Great Hall.