Chapter 52: Fear

TW

(Honestly not where I thought this chapter was going when I started writing it but... ehh... writing is a process.)

The next few days seemed torturously slow before Saturday finally arrived. I awoke in Severus's arms, sunlight streaming through the window.

"Good morning," Severus said, his hand slowly moving up and down my back.

"Hey," I groaned. "How'd you know I was awake. I didn't even move." I laughed.

"Your breathing changed," Severus replied, chuckling. I raised my body slightly, resting on his chest as I looked down at him.

"Aww, you know how your future wife breathes when she sleeps?"

"Yes, ma'am," he replied, tucking the strands of hair that had fallen in my face behind my ear. His hand cupped my cheek as his eyes searched mine. "Are you ready for today?" I sighed and rolled over, laying on my back. Severus rolled over, propping his body on his elbow, laying next to me.

"Y/n? Are you arlrght?"

"Yeah, I'm good... I'm good I just," I chuckled lowly before continuing. "The thought of returning to that house scares the hell out of me." I watched as his eyes filled with sadness and brought his hand to my cheek.

"I'm so sorry, darling... for everything you've endured... but I promise I'll be with you every step of the way." I nodded, smiling as his thumb stroked my cheek. I heard a soft knocking on the door before Severus scooted slightly away and I spoke.

"You can come in."

Minnie entered the room, her hand covering her eyes.

"Is everyone decent in here?"

"No, Minnie, I was just straddling Severus so clearly I am still going to be naked. Give us like 10 more minutes to finish and get dressed."

"Y/n!" Severus yelped, his face turning bright red, before turning to Minerva. "I swear! We weren't!" I laughed at his reaction, rolling over and sitting on top of him.

"How about now?"

"Y/n!" His hands moved to my waist, holding me steady so I didn't fall as he broke into a fit of laughter. From the doorway I could hear Minerva laughing.

"Alright you two. That's enough of that. I am too young to become a grandmother. Up you get." With that, she was out the door, probably not even realizing she had just insinuated I was her daughter.

Severus quickly flipped so he was now on top of me, his body pressing against mine.

"That was some stunt you pulled, young lady."

"Oh, be quiet, Mr. Snape. You enjoyed it," I giggled, staring up at him. I reached my hand up, pushing his silky hair behind his ear. He leaned down, pressing his lips to my neck before bringing them to my ear.

"Hmm," he chuckled. "I think you are enjoying this, my dear." I shivered as his lips brushed my ear. He brought his hand up to my cheek, trailing it down my jaw, my neck, my collarbone, before finally resting on my breast. I chuckled before reaching my hand down, palming his growing bulge through his sweatpants. What happened next happened in a flash. Severus's hand moved from my breast and wrapped around my throat. His face changed and it was no longer Severus. Suddenly, my uncle loomed over me, cutting off my air supply. My nails sunk into his skin but he didn't even flinch. He remained frozen over my body with his hand wrapped around my throat. I clawed and kicked but it was no use. My breath caught in my throat as I tried to scream. From a distance I heard my name being called. It sounded foggy and far away but I would recognize that voice anywhere.

"Y/n! Y/n, wake up!" Severus screamed, shaking my body. I jolted awake, noticing Severus's concerned face looming over me. I quickly pushed him off of me and moved backwards, as far away as I could. Severus sensed my hesitation and instantly backed away, holding his hands up.

"Y/n... hey... it's okay. It was just a dream," Severus whispered. My breathing was heavy and my heart was beating insanely fast. I heard footsteps running down the hall and Minerva burst into the room, her hair disheveled and in a small braid, her wand raised.

"What happened?" Her eyes darted around the room as she quickly took in the scene.

"She had a nightmare," Severus began. "She was thrashing in her sleep and clawing at her throat."

"Y/n? Are you alright, dear?" Minerva asked, slowly moving toward the bed. I focus on slowing my breathing as she took a seat on the bed. I turned to face Severus, noticing how he stood back, waiting for me to make the first move. I slowly reached my hand toward him, my palm facing up. His body relaxed and he moved toward the bed, taking my hand in his as he moved to take a seat next to me. He wrapped his arm around my body, his other hand still holding mine as he pulled my body into him. He smoothed my hair away from my face as I sobbed into his chest.

"I've got you, Y/n. It's alright. Everything is alright," he soothes, pressing his lips to the top of my head. My hands instinctively move to my throat as I remember the dream. Would anything ever be alright again?